Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Massive Nitrous Explosion!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 04:10 AM
ricekiller2003
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Massive Nitrous Explosion!

I guess you're right. It's used as a fuel oxidant and isn't flammable at room temperature...so that scene in "Fast and Furious" where Vin Diesel looks at the flaming eclipse and shout's "NOS!" was obviously hollywood since it showed the car exploding from the nos...I learned something today [sm=smiley29.gif]
Old 07-09-2004, 02:46 PM
ricekiller2003
3rd Gear Member

I have a REAL question...if you inhale nitrous from a purge valve, will it get you buzzed? [sm=smiley3.gif]
Old 07-11-2004, 07:35 AM
IntruderLS1
2nd Gear Member

Anytime you inhale anything that displaces the oxygen in your lungs you get buzzed. Even cig smoke will do it to you if you're body's not used to it.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:57 AM
fast4door
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricekiller2003

I have a REAL question...if you inhale nitrous from a purge valve, will it get you buzzed? [sm=smiley3.gif]

IF YOU INHALE N2O THAT'S USED FOR RACING USE, YOU WILL BE DEAD IN 30 SECONDS. IT HAS A CHEMICAL IN IT FOR STABILIZATION THAT KILLS YOU.

When I was in high school, way back when, I had my car in my auto shop, and some 10th grader in the morning class, I was afternoon class, took a hit from my bottle and died. my car was impounded for 7 weeks for investigation and was not allowed back on school grounds for rest of the year. Plus, the school board went crazy with rules and our building hp days were pretty much gone. Hell, our shop pretty much became 4 periods of study hall for 5 weeks.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:04 AM
fast4door
2nd Gear Member

Also, N2O is not flammable, but anything under pressure, in a bottle is "explosive." There a difference, flammable, combustible, explosive, corrosive, etc. carbon dioxide can be explosive under pressure if enough heat is applied. heat causes atoms and molecules to move faster causing instability.
physics class, 11th grade, many years ago....
Old 07-11-2004, 01:34 PM
IMPORT_KILLER
1st Gear Member

Can some one download that and send it to me... Because I cant see it...
Old 07-11-2004, 09:18 PM
stangshifter

ORIGINAL: fast4door

Also, N2O is not flammable, but anything under pressure, in a bottle is "explosive." There a difference, flammable, combustible, explosive, corrosive, etc. carbon dioxide can be explosive under pressure if enough heat is applied. heat causes atoms and molecules to move faster causing instability.
physics class, 11th grade, many years ago....

This is correct. The following pics are the remains of a Nissan Maxima which had NOS but had left the bottle warmer on overnight.

NOS bottle remains (note there is no burns)

Luckly no one was in the car at the time.

Quarter panel stuck in wall.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:37 AM
ponyboy95

Default Massive Nitrous Explosion!

Here is the link to the video, it hasn't been working for a while now so i decided to look around for it so here it is! Massive Nitrous Explosion
Old 07-14-2004, 04:50 AM
ricekiller2003
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fast4door

ORIGINAL: ricekiller2003

IF YOU INHALE N2O THAT'S USED FOR RACING USE, YOU WILL BE DEAD IN 30 SECONDS. IT HAS A CHEMICAL IN IT FOR STABILIZATION THAT KILLS YOU.

When I was in high school, way back when, I had my car in my auto shop, and some 10th grader in the morning class, I was afternoon class, took a hit from my bottle and died. my car was impounded for 7 weeks for investigation and was not allowed back on school grounds for rest of the year. Plus, the school board went crazy with rules and our building hp days were pretty much gone. Hell, our shop pretty much became 4 periods of study hall for 5 weeks.
HOLY ****! I think you saved my idiotic young life there...I'm getting it installed in my car actually...thanks for the infoX10!!!!!!!!!