Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

O3 Cobra vs Modded C5

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 12:22 AM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

Default RE: O3 Cobra vs Modded C5

50 less hp is still gonna rape an '03 Cobra.....Heads/Cam on a C5 is good for mid to low 11 second passes....you just can't beat cubic inches and light weight.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:24 AM
WS6speeDemon
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

That wasnt a Z06 though.
It was a fixed roof coupe, FRC, it is lighter than other C5 models, it has a handling package... it is basicallly a Z06 without Z06 engine stuff.

Birdieman4, can't believe he pulled that hard? Do you even really KNOW how much a H/C can do for a car? Especially a good setup? Properly tuned and ****, that bitch will fly. Something respectable comes along and beats the ****ing Cobra and you guys can't stand it, get over it, the Cobra isn't and never will be invincible nor is any car, run what you brung, doesn't matter if someone wasn't driving right or what ever other excuse you guys can come up with to make yourselves look more like ricers, damn.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:55 AM
thelast50ho
2nd Gear Member

Well let me see....$45k c5 with $4k in mods(and had to have nos) vs a $35k cobra with $3k of mods. Id hope the vette would be faster.
And thats got to be the only vette ive seen with somebody under 60 driving it.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:06 AM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thelast50ho

Well let me see....$45k c5 with $4k in mods(and had to have nos) vs a $35k cobra with $3k of mods. Id hope the vette would be faster.
Haha, lets get into the whole price situation....fuggin ricer.

My car cost me $9300, do you think with 20k in mods I could be in the 8's? Yes, yes I could. WHO THE **** CARES?
Old 08-06-2004, 03:08 AM
jpc
2nd Gear Member

I think Birdieman knows just a little on what heads cam and good tuning, can do, as he drives a 5000 horsepower Top Fueler and by far is the fastest person on this forum now and probally forever. sorry Birdieman but I know your too modest to fire back.
ORIGINAL: WS6speeDemon

That wasnt a Z06 though.
It was a fixed roof coupe, FRC, it is lighter than other C5 models, it has a handling package... it is basicallly a Z06 without Z06 engine stuff.

Birdieman4, can't believe he pulled that hard? Do you even really KNOW how much a H/C can do for a car? Especially a good setup? Properly tuned and ****, that bitch will fly. Something respectable comes along and beats the ****ing Cobra and you guys can't stand it, get over it, the Cobra isn't and never will be invincible nor is any car, run what you brung, doesn't matter if someone wasn't driving right or what ever other excuse you guys can come up with to make yourselves look more like ricers, damn.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:41 AM
beezy
2nd Gear Member

That vette blew him away pretty quick.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:16 AM
cammedlx
5th Gear Member

well i kinda doubt the vette had naawwzzzzzz,dude please take it from experince don't keep making yourself look stupid like you just did,that shows everyone that you know absolutly nothing about what you are talking about(cars) just lay off little bit on the opinons noob
Old 08-06-2004, 12:08 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jpc

I think Birdieman knows just a little on what heads cam and good tuning, can do, as he drives a 5000 horsepower Top Fueler and by far is the fastest person on this forum now and probally forever. sorry Birdieman but I know your too modest to fire back.
ORIGINAL: WS6speeDemon

That wasnt a Z06 though.

HA HA HA DA*N!!!! I would have busted that out on her a long time ago if it were me!!! SIT DOWN !!! LOL
Old 08-07-2004, 12:09 AM
99 FRC Z51 Vette

That vette has the cartek heads and cam package. He runs 11.2's. If you think a heads and cam vette is not capable of beating a modded cobra, then you are greatly misinformed, and you have a lot to learn.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:14 AM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jpc

I have a hard time believing that....it may be true, but I doubt it.

I've had several arguments with him and he's never once portrayed any type of knowledge about, well....anything. I guess he knows the different Saleen trims. So a [sm=smiley20.gif] for that.

If I made a claim like that, I'd have pics/vids/articles to back it up.

I have a feeling that if we check IP addresses, that yours and his will be the same one....

Quick Reply: O3 Cobra vs Modded C5