Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

03 camaro vs 03 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 02:11 AM
SALEENGTROUSH

Default RE: 03 camaro vs 03 cobra

ORIGINAL: AsskickinLT1

I dont think from a stop that Camaro would get murdered, it would definatley be a good race.
oh really... i think he actually might, considering the camaro has 4:10 gears and street tires, and the cobra has 3:55's and 315 nitto drag radials...so you might want to re think what your saying [sm=thanx.gif]
Old 11-10-2004, 02:13 AM
stieny
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thelast50ho

man that was a damn good race
yes, yes it was! [sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 11-10-2004, 04:30 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 00redGT

98ls1 shut up you idiot.

ORIGINAL: SALEENGTROUSH

ORIGINAL: 98LS1

EDIT: That's no heads/cam car and it's definately not pushing anywhere near 500hp. I just posted a vid the other day of a cam only LS1 beating a 450rwhp Cobra. If this is the case and the Maro does have heads/cam, the Cobra must be putting out about 700hp.
ahha what are u talkin about??? first of all yes that ss does have 525 hp... not RWHP but does have 525 flywheel.... and mauro has a kb not heads/cam and he does have 640RWHP, but that wasn;t mauro racing in that video that was dan, who dynoed at 450rwhp
So you're saying that the lighter, equal hp car lost....from a roll....A 450rwhp Cobra would get murdered by a 450rwhp SS, as the case is here. Hell, a 400rwhp SS is plenty enough to whip up on a 450rwhp overweight Cobra.

Who/what the hell is "mauro."

I'm sure that video is pretty acurate. That was one hell of an '03 SS. I didn't know you could race with your imagination.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:15 PM
OICW
3rd Gear Member

Here we go again, typical F-body owner who just can't take a "loose" as an answer, much like ricers.

The Cobra coupe is only 3600 lbs, not much heavier than a Camaro. Therefore a 400 hp Camaro will NOT whoop a 450 hp Cobra all else being equal.

Why? Simple because the only way to pump out mega hp with an NA engine is by shifting your power curve up, so your peak will be higher, but also narrower. A 450 hp Cobra would be making a LOT of torque at all rpm range, because of the "over driven" super charger. So right after a shift, especially if the Camaro is auto with stock gearing, the Cobra would be putting down a lot more power on the road than a Camaro. A 600 hp Camaro might only make 400 lb-ft of torque at 3000 rpm, but a 600 hp Cobra would put down like 600+ lb-ft of torque anywhere from 2000 to 5000 rpm.

Especially if it's on the street and the Cobra caught the Camaro by suprise in a higher gear, that badass cammed and headed Camaro would get murdered.

Yes 98LS1, there will always be a faster LS1 out there, so don't worry, life goes on buddy.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:56 PM
20vVolvo
2nd Gear Member

Here we go again, typical F-body owner who just can't take a "loose" as an answer, much like ricers.

The Cobra coupe is only 3600 lbs, not much heavier than a Camaro. Therefore a 400 hp Camaro will NOT whoop a 450 hp Cobra all else being equal.

Why? Simple because the only way to pump out mega hp with an NA engine is by shifting your power curve up, so your peak will be higher, but also narrower. A 450 hp Cobra would be making a LOT of torque at all rpm range, because of the "over driven" super charger. So right after a shift, especially if the Camaro is auto with stock gearing, the Cobra would be putting down a lot more power on the road than a Camaro. A 600 hp Camaro might only make 400 lb-ft of torque at 3000 rpm, but a 600 hp Cobra would put down like 600+ lb-ft of torque anywhere from 2000 to 5000 rpm.

Especially if it's on the street and the Cobra caught the Camaro by suprise in a higher gear, that badass cammed and headed Camaro would get murdered.

Yes 98LS1, there will always be a faster LS1 out there, so don't worry, life goes on buddy.
damn u know ur **** nice work man
Old 11-11-2004, 03:08 AM
Death

first off I would like to start of by saying OICW is wrong and for many reasons. Your numbers are way off. Now why would a cobra have a broad RPM range where torque stays the same and not the Camaro? is the cobra special? (you didn't even sound to sure about what you were saying becuase a smart person would state correct facts in a reassuring way not using the word "LIKE"). Also did you have the dyno sheets to both the cars? no i didn't think so. Your assumptions are just broad estimates from your head. Any healthly, breathing engine will have a broad RPM range where it makes power no mater SC or NAE. You think just becuase the camaro is not supercharged its torque peaks only once and dies? hmmm. Now on your last statement "Especially if it's on the street and the Cobra caught the Camaro by suprise in a higher gear, that badass cammed and headed Camaro would get murdered". Now correct me if im wrong but all newer vehicles has a throttle kickdown. When WOT is accesed the computer tells the trans to kick down to a lower gear and most the times its the 3rd gear So the cobra would deffinitly have a run for his money if not loose. so your accusation is wrong once again. Maybe you should hit the books buddie.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:19 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Death

first off I would like to start of by saying OICW is wrong and for many reasons. Your numbers are way off. Now why would a cobra have a broad RPM range where torque stays the same and not the Camaro? is the cobra special? (you didn't even sound to sure about what you were saying becuase a smart person would state correct facts in a reassuring way not using the word "LIKE"). Also did you have the dyno sheets to both the cars? no i didn't think so. Your assumptions are just broad estimates from your head. Any healthly, breathing engine will have a broad RPM range where it makes power no mater SC or NAE. You think just becuase the camaro is not supercharged its torque peaks only once and dies? hmmm. Now on your last statement "Especially if it's on the street and the Cobra caught the Camaro by suprise in a higher gear, that badass cammed and headed Camaro would get murdered". Now correct me if im wrong but all newer vehicles has a throttle kickdown. When WOT is accesed the computer tells the trans to kick down to a lower gear and most the times its the 3rd gear So the cobra would deffinitly have a run for his money if not loose. so your accusation is wrong once again. Maybe you should hit the books buddie.

WOW You are a DUMBASS!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/6126/C47DA6D3ACD84688A0D04EDA1A9D160F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-11-2004, 03:44 AM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Let's settle down a bit,
Btw nice vid
Havn't been here in a while so I don't know if it really is a re-post
Guess i'll take a look see.

And I bleeve the cobra is much heavier than the maro
Arnt cobras with the driver around 3900lbs?
VERY heavy car.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:54 AM
offnet83
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Death

Got called out on being a dumbass on your first post welcome to the forums.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:48 AM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OICW

Ah, I had a long drawn out reply made for you, one with pics even(dyno graphs) but I then realized how stupid and pointless this is to argue this with you. I just think back about how unstreetable a cam'ed LS1 is and then I realized, "****, this video was make believe. That heads/cam LS1 was racing...on the street no less."

Quick Reply: 03 camaro vs 03 cobra