Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Couple of mustangs vs RSX-S... plus more!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 12:55 PM

Default RE: Couple of mustangs vs RSX-S... plus more!

ORIGINAL: Joey101

Okay we can end this right now. Your cars definately fast, but how much money you got invested in that thing? $5,000 $10,000 $20,000? One thing I couldn't help but notice in your video is that pretty much every car you raced was bone stock. Except for the Grey WS6 which had exhaust which I don't consider too much of a mod. But put the same amount of money into their cars as what you have in yours and you don't have a chance in hell! Just thought I would point that out to you Mr. Rice burner. And yes one more thing "There's NO replacement for displacement!"
Haven't we already been through this lame reasoning before?

"but but just wait until I mod my LS1 then we'll show you whose boss!"

and yes, there is a resplacement for displacement, it's called technology and boost.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:31 PM
Joey101

Wish I agreed with you there, but sorry I don't. I do however agree with you on the boost comment. But Displacement will always be better. Even with all the technology and money in the world you still can't make a honda go any faster than 7 seconds in the 1/4. Not going to happen, but yeah so let me ask you a question Mr. 2000Si why doesn't the NHRA use small import motors in their Top Fuel cars? Want me to tell you why, cause there's no replacement for displacement! You could never squeeze 7,000 horsepower out of a 1.whatever liter cause it couldn't handle it.

Think you could handle racing against a 2300lbs car with a 540ci. BB matted with a 871 blower on top? BTW it's an Opel GT and it runs low 7's in the 1/4 and that's ***** footing it.

Or if that's not fast enough for ya. How about a full interior '55 Bel-Air with a 632ci. Alcohol Motor with a 1471 Blower on top. But even with it's full interior it still finds enough power to run in the low 6's in the 1/4. Last I saw this guy run, it was a the NHRA Nationals in Reading, PA and he was racing in the Pro Stock class. He beat the Pro stock car halfway down the track until he had to cut it off due to his newly installed lexan windshield caving in from not having the reinforcement bars installed.

Moral of this story is don't argue with a domestic guy in a domestic forum cause no matter what your always going to be wrong, even though this time you definately were!

Oh and BTW both cars listed above are Street Legal and do have tags. I know both the guys that own the cars and I'm not exagerating at all. These cars are wicked fast. Wish i had video to prove it to you all, but I don't.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:30 PM
88mustanglx
2nd Gear Member

I dont know i just dont see how someone could want a v4 car over a nice loud v8 that you can mod the hell out of for a lot less money and go faster then doing all this crap to a small 2.2 liter engine or something.

-Damn what the hell were you going over at your house the other day i heard all this noise?
+ Oh i just finished putting my new engine in my car?
- oh really what you put in there a nice big block?
+ nah i got a honda, just dropped a VTEC 2.0 liter engine in their **** sounds sweet, you heard me running it?
- damn thats what that noise was?, i thought you were mowing the lawn or something.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:35 PM
JoeB18R
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 88mustanglx

I dont know i just dont see how someone could want a v4 car over a nice loud v8 that you can mod the hell out of for a lot less money and go faster then doing all this crap to a small 2.2 liter engine or something.

-Damn what the hell were you going over at your house the other day i heard all this noise?
+ Oh i just finished putting my new engine in my car?
- oh really what you put in there a nice big block?
+ nah i got a honda, just dropped a VTEC 2.0 liter engine in their **** sounds sweet, you heard me running it?
- damn thats what that noise was?, i thought you were mowing the lawn or something.
V4? LMFingAO!

You really are the epitome of myopic ignorance aren’t you?
Old 04-05-2005, 04:50 PM
88mustanglx
2nd Gear Member

ok im sorry i mean Ricer, no more v4,... its just called a ricer engine now. How you like that you rice driving f*ck
Old 04-05-2005, 05:55 PM
FiveOhNo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Joey101

Wish I agreed with you there, but sorry I don't. I do however agree with you on the boost comment. But Displacement will always be better. Even with all the technology and money in the world you still can't make a honda go any faster than 7 seconds in the 1/4. Not going to happen, but yeah so let me ask you a question Mr. 2000Si why doesn't the NHRA use small import motors in their Top Fuel cars? Want me to tell you why, cause there's no replacement for displacement! You could never squeeze 7,000 horsepower out of a 1.whatever liter cause it couldn't handle it.

Think you could handle racing against a 2300lbs car with a 540ci. BB matted with a 871 blower on top? BTW it's an Opel GT and it runs low 7's in the 1/4 and that's ***** footing it.

Or if that's not fast enough for ya. How about a full interior '55 Bel-Air with a 632ci. Alcohol Motor with a 1471 Blower on top. But even with it's full interior it still finds enough power to run in the low 6's in the 1/4. Last I saw this guy run, it was a the NHRA Nationals in Reading, PA and he was racing in the Pro Stock class. He beat the Pro stock car halfway down the track until he had to cut it off due to his newly installed lexan windshield caving in from not having the reinforcement bars installed.

Moral of this story is don't argue with a domestic guy in a domestic forum cause no matter what your always going to be wrong, even though this time you definately were!

Oh and BTW both cars listed above are Street Legal and do have tags. I know both the guys that own the cars and I'm not exagerating at all. These cars are wicked fast. Wish i had video to prove it to you all, but I don't.
ummm....actually they are...Papadakis is running high 6's...it's a V6, but still a honda engine...just as a note. the fact of the displacement is true though...this is why people buy stroker kits in their hondas, or try to cram the 2.2 or 2.3 H engines in their civic...more displacement...can't argue that fact. the only reason ford or chevy hasn't introduced as much technology into their V8's as import manufacturers have into their 4-6 cylinders is that it would raise the price too much...and there's no need, the power is sufficient where it is...imports HAVE to introduce all this tech into theirs just to keep up with the "simple" V8's.

*edit* and please...drop the sound issue...it's been discussed before that most don't mod for sound...they do it for power. and you should really hear a WRX or really any turbo engine with a good exhaust...they sound nice. the WRX even rumbles...you'd be surprised.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:01 PM
88mustanglx
2nd Gear Member

sorry its just i dont like cars that sound like mopeds, not very appealing to me.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 88mustanglx

sorry its just i dont like cars that sound like mopeds, not very appealing to me.
So you have to be a dick to everyone who owns one? Dont be such a douche, give mustang owners a bad name.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

It's fast, no doubt.
I'm not gonna contest any of the kills because if I do, I know the guy will just up the boost high enough until he does beat modded 03 cobras. Of course, with enough money, a 2.3L SVO Foxbody Mustang could probably outrun an 03 Cobra.

88mustangLX - Please do not use the term V4 again without supplying engine blueprints. I've never seen a V4 engine. The correct term is I4.

I dont see any reason to bash the RSX except that, all other things being equal, I would take a RWD car over a FWD car anyday simply for the fun of oversteer/burnouts/etc...

And it's hard not to argue that those Cobras and Fbodies, even objectivly, look better/sportier than an RSX... an NSX might be a different story. But that's not what this is about. It's about speed and the RSX wins.

Nice kills. I hope the guy isn't an *** about it.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:11 PM
JoeB18R
I ♥ Acer

Actually Volvo made a V4... in the 1960s. No one else has bothered to do it since because it was so rough and unbalanced.

Also, to answer someone's question, racing from a roll is a good indicator of the real difference in acceleration between 2 engine powered things IMO. Not who has the best launch. You commonly run into this type of difference on a road course.

Quick Reply: Couple of mustangs vs RSX-S... plus more!