Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

the 2011 pikes peak hill climb

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 11:08 PM
tokinGLX
duke of herb

Default the 2011 pikes peak hill climb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_T21pa3BtY

footage shot from the devils playground and bottomless pit areas. it was WINDY!!! sorry for that but i wanted to keep the audio close to as live as heard with my own ears. big big BIG props to monster tajima for breaking his previous record and for the first time ever on pikes peak breaking the 10 minute barrier on the mountain.

records were being broken all day as this year more of the track had been paved. as a matter of note, this year will be the last year that gravel will be on the track so next year with a fully paved road it can be expected that rhys millen and the others veterans of the hill who show up in the beasts of vehicles may also break that 10 minute mark with the increased speeds possible.

with increased speeds however, comes increased risk of going out of control, there was one major crash that happened at 16 mile where a car flipped front to back end over end a few times down a VERY steep side of the mountain. very luckily, because he was flipping over in that manner, the car was able to slow itself down so he was able to walk away from it in the end instead of ending up in a very potentially fatal situation.

the wind was the only thing that was not absolutely perfect as far as weather conditions went, there was never even the threat of a drop of moisture, the clouds just didnt want to come out and play that day(which was more than fine with me, with those winds there could have been a brutal little storm!).

in all it was a spectacularly grand day of racing at one of the most beautiful places in america. i cannot wait to go back again next year.