New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Yet another newbie - Westerville, OH

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 01:20 PM
flieger67

Default Yet another newbie - Westerville, OH

Hello! I'm new to the forum and to be up front, I don't have a Mustang... yet. My current "ride" is a tired ol' '96 Saturn SL-2 that has actually served me well. However, I will be buying a new vehicle at the end of this year.

That brings me to the point of joining this forum. I'm looking for my first new car and I want it to be a sports coupe. My wife currently has the practical car (a Subaru Forester) so I get to have the fun car. To that end, I've been considering the Mustang (either the V6 or V8, but for sure with the Premium package and a hard top) as well as the 350Z, the Acura RSX-Type S and possibly the Mistubishi Eclipse.

So Mustang fans, tell me why I should want the 'Stang over the others. For what it's worth, I intend to use the car for regular driving, including in the winter. Also, as the car needs to outlast the loan, I'm concerned about getting 6 years of reliable usage. I'd appreciate any comments about any problems with your '05/'06 Mustangs as I want to go into this purchase with my eyes wide open.

Thanks for your responses!
Old 05-24-2006, 05:31 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Yet another newbie - Westerville, OH

Welcome fellow Ohioan!

There is a lot of info to be had on the boards about mustangs and their pros and cons. Sounds like you're looking at some good cars (the Z is nice especially) and I think you'll find the stang is a good contender. Your best bet is to test drive them all, and I'm sure you'll fall in love with the stang.

I drive my mustang daily as well as in the OH winters and I've yet to encounter any major problems. It's not GREAT in the snow, but nothing a trunk full of sand bags and some careful driving won't cure.