New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

HMMMM

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 12:40 PM
GTO JUDGE

Default HMMMM

Ya know. I joined your group cause I happen to like the Stang GT's. I Love the GT as well, and I'd have one in a heartbeat If I could round up 200K.

I really like the new Shelby, always have loved the older ones too. Eleanor is one of the hottest cars ever made IMO.
If the Shelby was attainable for sticker I like many of you guys would probably have one.
I WILL NEVER justify getting a royal screwing on a car just to own one no matter what the make.

I was never a Mustang fan as a kid growing up in the 70's. As the popularity of restored muscle cars has escalated in recent years, I am drawn to Mach 1's, and the BOSS a like at car shows and on featured T. V. shows.

I am a fan of ALL muscle cars, not just GTO's. The GTO happens to be at the top of my list, just as the Challenger will be, and yes the Stang GT. Just because I don't have one doesn't mean I don't like them. I look at every Stang GT I see on the road not with malice or taunting the driver for a drag race. I appreciate the heritage and they styling.

So I join the board to say Hi and read your posts on how you like them, and issues you have with them etc. I DID NOT join your forum to taunt, or pick fights. From the beginning, I got lambasted by some guys on here because of preference on my choice of a NEW muscle car I own. The panty remarks etc. made me laugh, so I played along. Only a few of you guys were cordial to me, most want to provoke.

The remark of me getting off ridilan made me laugh, I am older than most of you guys on here and grew up in the era of the true muscle car craze. I have driven many and drove in just about most of the model of cars back then. I probably have forgotten more on the cars than most of you know now.

Judging by remarks I have seen on here, and crap slung at me, most of you don't know what you are talking about anyway. So you have a Mustang GT. Good for you. I don't, so what? We all share the same thing, no matter what make of car you own. If you every have driven in a new GTO you may have a different opinion of one. Yea it doesn't look like a 69 or 70. It isn't retro looking. If you drove one you'd see it's retro where it counts, under the hood.

Your moderator is right, many of you need to grow up. The mentality of some I read on here, are the very ones that make excuses for getting your head handed to you when you pick on a "Hyundai." You ought to appreciate the older cars trying to make a come back instead of mocking them. You guys are the only ones I know of willing to take a royal butt reaming just to own one.

Thanks for the warm welcome..... and the colder goodbye. Don't worry the door won't smack me in the arz when I leave. If half you guys knew what you were talking about, you'd be less dangerous on the road.

JUDGE
Old 12-13-2006, 01:04 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Default RE: HMMMM

Welcome. Don't judge us all by the few immature, juvenile individuals who have to berate others for their own entertainment. I love my Mustang but I also like many other performance cars and I don't look down on others who did not buy a Mustang... although I do feel sorry for them because they don't know what their missing.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:26 PM
nascarjunkie1
2nd Gear Member

Sorry GTO, that happens. Wingman, you couldn't have sid it any better
Old 12-13-2006, 09:50 PM
GTO JUDGE

Great Looking car ya got. When I first saw pics of the GT, I went into a dealer and got all the info on it I could. I liked the yellow with black PAINTED stripes, and the spinners. I did a build on what I wanted. When I was refused a test drive it really pissed me off, and when I learned of the mark up's going on... I really got pissed. Needless to say I don't have one. Don't mean I don't like em.
I did sit in a V6, and the lack of useable rear seats did not appeal to me.

Late summer of 2005 I ran across a used yellow convertible. Was sitting at a Cadallick dealer. I took a look. They wanted 37K. After 2 months they lowered it to 35K.... Just don't see it. Don't know who paid what for it, IMO too much.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:03 PM
2GKT5
2nd Gear Member

Sorry that you didn't like it here. Take it easy wherever your endeavors may take you. Maybe I'll see you on the road where we can have a friendly little grudge match? [sm=icon_cheers.gif]