New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Guy in NOVA

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 02:42 PM
ChrisCannon

Default New Guy in NOVA

Hello everyone. I hope to meet most of you over the coming events and get togethers.

I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself.

Moderator, If this is in the wrong section please move me. Thank you.

I recently became a victim of the Mustang movement. I must admit I was very happy with my previous ride but like looking at cars and test driving them. I recently purchased a new off the floor 2006 Toyota Tundra DC and was pleased as punch with the smooth ride and of course the 4 wheel drive so I had no intention of trading it in or buying anything new not to mention a slightly older car.

Well one day I was at the dealer for regular maintenance and saw an 05 and an 06 GT on the used lot and took a look at them both. The doors were unlocked so I had to sit in them. The 06 was grey, manual red interior and hat the 18 inch rims. The 05 was light blue, manual, black interior and 17 bullet rims. I decided what the hell and took the 05 for a spin. So I went to the dealer and said I want the keys so I can drive the stang. Obviously he was very happy to hear that. So I got the keys and started her up.

To my amazement she had a nice deep throat to her and ofcourse my first question was is that a stock exhaust. To which the intelligent sales guys says I have no idea but shes sweet ain't she.

So I took her out on some small back roads here in Centreville and could not get over the sound of that exhaust and the power of the motor. I got back to the dealership and said well I don't have any money so what can you do for me? Also my wife does not know so it better be a hell of a sweet deal. So he goes back to his boss and comes back with how does an even swap sound. At this point I was afraid he was going to see the wet spot in my pants since I just pissed myself.

In less than 30 minutes I had the keys in hand and was out the door.

I got home and looked under the car to see the SLP loudmouth exhaust as well as classic industry turn mirrors and aftermarket tail lights as well as rearview mirror.

Yes I am very happy and can not wait to meet you guys.

SO MY QUESTION IS:
What other mustang forums are there locally and nationally so that I can start to learn everything I can about my new baby.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:37 PM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New Guy in NOVA

Quite a story there. Welcome to the board. Please post up some pics when you can. Also, if you are looking for others in your area, check out the Regional Forums on the main page.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:20 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums! Or google, mustang clubs and all kinds off clubs will come up.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:23 PM
HappyTrails
1st Gear Member

Welcome and great story
Old 08-09-2007, 10:08 PM
jchantelau
2nd Gear Member

Welcome, and good choice getting the stang! Post a pic.