New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

1500 mile ride report

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 07:39 PM
sidecarnutz

Default 1500 mile ride report

Well, we bought the car Wedsnesday before last. It's up past 1500 miles now. I drove it home 330 miles on back roads from Pa., drove it to a cycle meet in MD again on back roadsand back home again and have run around town alot too. Took it to the drive in hang out at Jenroe's in Va. Beach this evening too and had the pleasure of meeting some great folks from the local Mustang Club.

The car is a well loaded '07 coupe with a V6 and 5 speed manual and Pony Package. Essentially, for me, it's a GT without the V8.
I gotta say it has surpassed my expectations in many ways! This is a really fun little car.The V6 spools up when you want to have fun. And it'll loaf along like an economy car if you just want to cruise. Best of both worlds. The car is pretty much four-oh and bug free. Everything has been perfect on it. It does feel like it's a bit more responsive now that it has some break in miles on it. Comfort wise it's a great car for long trips. As much as I loved my old Ram 1500, this thing is even more comfortable. I've done 200 miles between breaks with no discomfort. As a beat up disabled Vet, that is something!
So I made the right decision getting this car. It's perfect for us! I can't find anything it won't do well! This has been the best first week with a new car that I've ever had! I'd recommend these cars to anyone! Ford really hit a home run with this car!
Old 09-30-2007, 12:52 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 1500 mile ride report

Glad you like it....welcome.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:41 PM
chrisdbassplayer
2nd Gear Member

welcome, I can see, like all of us, you have fallen in love with a mustang... I have to admit before I got this car I hated driving anywhere. Now I cant wait to plan another road trip with my wife. It seems every weekend drive has become a mini vacation!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 09:23 PM
sidecarnutz

Yesterday evening we went to Jenroe's in Va. Beach where they have a car hang out every Saturday afternoon and evening. It's a really nice thing they have there. Very family friendly too.
While I was meeting some members of the local Mustang Club, my wife was checking out four different '05 and '06 light green Mustangs. (Her favorite color.) I got the impression from herthat she may want to sell her Chrysler and get a nice used one next summer.
That would make us a four 'stang family. She likes mine. But I think she'd be more comfortable with a automatic. And that green paint really gets to her.
I have fun picturing my little church lady wife with a hot rod green Mustang!

Life is too short to own four door sedans once your kids are grown!