New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi guys, thanks for havin me

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 12:36 PM
sixtyninestang
1st Gear Member

Default Hi guys, thanks for havin me

Hi, I'm new to the forums, and I own two Mustangs. Previously I've had three Fox Body Fords. The first was a 79 Zephyr Wagon. It was complete with a 302, 66 289 heads, roller lifters, dual exhaust, American Racing chrome rims, and a floor shifter out of a 69 Cougar. Then I moved on to a 79 Capri. It was a faux sleeper, sporting 2.8 badges on the side, but another 302 which also had 289 heads (what are the odds?). It had wheelhop like you couldn't believe! I blew up the four speed and replaced it with a T-5, and it had 373s that would pull the front end off the ground if I caught the lobe of the lumpy cam just right. That got hit from behind and totalled, so I moved on to the most reliable car I'd owned up to that point, an 86 Capri RS. It was a 5 speed, 3:51 gears (I'm not sure about that ratio but it wasn't 3:73s and definitely not 3:08s), an H-Pipe with no cats straight into cherry bomb mufflers, and I added the Pony rims the same year they were available. That one got totalled too. In 2000 I got my dream car, a 69 Mustang. It's a Coupe, not a Fastback which is what I wanted, but it's still a dream. It came from Texas, so it's survived pretty well here in the Northeast. I bought it in 1999, drove it a little under a year, and after I fried the wiring harness it took up residence in my garage for about 7 years. I'm just now beginning a mechanical restoration including a complete suspension kit, new intake w/Edelbrock 600, new wiring harness, electronic distributor changeover and coil, and lots of other goodies. Even though I have a brand new Edelbrock and got an intake from an 85 GT, my dream is to throw an EFI system on it. I really want driveability out of this. I've had my hot rods, and I'm tired of breaking stuff. I've found most cars with FI have great throttle response, so if I can get that and a rumble out of the exhaust, I'm good. I just acquired a 90 LX 5.0 Convertible, Emerald Green, white interior with a black dash, and a black top. It's got an automatic with a shift kit, 3:73s, cold air intake kit, Accel SuperCoil, and a pretty good stereo system. I'm in LOVE with having a convertible! Some mods I'd like to do are suspension, suspension, suspension! It's kinda scary rounding a turn on the Tobin Bridge and bouncing over a quarter of a lane when you go over the expansion joint, so I'd like to tighten that up a bit. A friend talks about putting a stick in it. I dunno, if it was cheap I might go for it, but I wouldn't spend a lot of money to do it, especially because the former owner spent $1500 rebuilding the tranny with a shift kit and new torque converter less than a year ago, so I'd be a fool to not at least wait and see if it developed a problem. I'd like to take the Dynomax mufflers off and throw Flowmasters on to get that cool sound, but that's not of critical importance. I think first would be the lowering springs with new struts & shocks, and some other kind of reinforcement (Subframe connector, underhood brace, oversize sway bar, urethane bushings). Any thoughts or ideas for the most bang for my buck, on a tight budget, as relates to suspension would be welcomed and appreciated. Ok, now that you know my life story as relates to Mustangs, I hope you won't mind me asking a ton of questions. Thanks.
Mattie

Old 10-25-2007, 02:39 PM
hellion_79
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Hi guys, thanks for havin me

Welcome

I have a 79 2.3L Mustang Hatch here
Old 10-25-2007, 07:39 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!
Old 10-26-2007, 09:03 AM
sixtyninestang
1st Gear Member

I like all of the pictures in your signatures. I'll try to get one up. Thanks for the welcome.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:32 AM
sixtyninestang
1st Gear Member

Default Signature

How do I get my signature to show up? I checked the box that asks whether or not you want to use it. I checked the FAQ's looking for help on how to set up my profile and didn't find anything there. Also, it looks like html doesn't work. How do I get a picture in my signature? Thanks.
Mattie

Old 10-26-2007, 01:58 PM
darsh11

Default RE: Signature

hey welcome to the forums, SNS.

u can put on ur signatures when u register to the forums.

nd they display with ur every msg
Old 10-27-2007, 01:56 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Signature

welcome!