New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Back in the saddle

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 10:20 PM
Triangulum

Default Back in the saddle

It's been 5 years since I had a Mustang. On Tuesday, April 12th, 2005, I took possession of a "Screaming Yellow" 2005 Ford Mustang GT Convertible. It's my 5th Mustang and by far the best one I ever had.

My 1st Mustang was a White (really primer of all different colors) 1968 Mustang. It was filled with rust holes. I paid $200 for it. I drove it one summer. I even took to Virginia Beach on a day trip. (7 hours from home.) It was great, but I didn't have the skills to fix it and being only 18, I had no money to put into it. I sold it at the end of the summer for $220.00. It was a my 1st love.

My second Mustang was a 1979 Royal Blue one. It was a straight six. It ran great, and I had a little money so I bought junky rims and put really wide tires on it and those black louvers on the rear hatch. I also had a 100 watt/channel stereo with Jenson Triax. I had it for years. I sold it to a friend of mine and he drove it into the ground over a period of 5 or so years.

My third Mustang, was a White 1985 GT. The person who owned it before me made a lot of mods to it. I never got into the specifics but it was really fast. A little scary how fast it was. I drove that until I ran a red light and someone plowed into me. I got it fixed, but it was messed up and never drove right again. I had it for about 3 years.

My fourth Mustang was a 1995 GT. The metallic red one. (Laser Red) It had every option. I drove that for about 6 years. When my wife and I started building our dream home, she really wanted all stainless steel appliances. We had already run way over budget, and I decided to sell my Mustang to make her happy. I sold it and we got the refridgerator. She said not to worry, and that I could get a new one. She promised me that I could get a 2005.

Well, along comes the end of 2004 and I read about all the changes they made. I have been saving for the past three years for it. I couldn't wait to see it, and was hesitant at 1st. I didn't place an order. When I started seeing them at dealers, I realized that it would be hard to find one with all the options I wanted. (fully loaded).

Then the Superbowl convertible commercial came on. I knew I had to wait. I could picture being the dead guy in some frozen wasteland sitting in my Mustang. I waited to see the Convertible.

At this point, I was set on Black. For the past few years, Black was going to be the color. A black one came (regular GT) came in at a local dealership. I went to look it over and test drove it. I was hesitant about black after I saw it. The black grille and the black didn't sit well with me. It almost looked like the front end wasn't finished. There was a dilema. I walked away from the can with a brouchure, looking over the colors one by one. One color looked to girly, and other colors looked strange to me. Black was all I saw, and that didn't do it for me.

Then, something happened. My wife actually saw my depression and started calling every Ford dealer in the state (Pennsylvania). I still can't beleive she did it. There were none to be found, but every salesperson said I could put my order in for the 2006's. I wanted a 2005. Then it hit me. I was on my way to lunch, and the local dealer had one in the show room. It was a "Screaming Yellow" GT Convertible. They had bright lights shining on these 20 inch chrome wheels the dealer put on. The wheels made me sick, but I thought I would go in and look at it. At this point, it was just to get a close look at a convertible. Something happened. I never thought that I would ever own a Yellow anything, nevermind a yellow car. The black grill and black top, against the yellow body looked awesome. I still stare at it and love it. I talked to the dealer and said I would take it, but only with the factory wheels and tires. He said no problem after trying to tell me $2500 for bling-bling wheels will be the talk of the town. I still listen to the Talking Heads, so that bling-bling stuff is alien to me.

I got the car. That night I went to a buddy's house who is ever more of a Mustang nutcase than me. He's got a sweet black GT Convertible. He was shocked. I didn't tell anyone I was going to get a yellow car.

I heard all the jokes... Taxi!, Banana Boat, you name it. I don't care. I love the car. The look of it, the sound of it, and feel of it.

That's my story. If you want to see it, I have some photos at: My Car

Hope I didn't bore you.

Oh yeah, when I was driving it home right after I got it. I felt my pulse again. It's awesome. Ford did an awesome job on this one.

Old 04-16-2005, 01:03 AM
Shannon

Default RE: Back in the saddle

Hey Triangulum,

Sweet car I think the Screaming Yelow looks Great!
What a lucky guy you are, most wives wouldnt give a care about that car.

Anyway congrats!

Shannon
Old 04-16-2005, 03:55 AM
T_stang
4th Gear Member

Welcome and congrates on the new Yeloow stang and now about owning several heheheh
70 mach 1.... Blue
72 mach 1.... Blue
80 lx..... red
85 Gt .... Red
87 DPS lx .... Blk
1.88 lx wht
2.88 Gt Green
91 Gt .... Blue
93 Gt vert .... Blk
94 Lx ....Blk
1. 98 Gt Blk
2. 98 Gt Wht
99 Lx ..... Blue
Old 04-16-2005, 03:56 AM
T_stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: T_stang

Welcome and congrates on the new Yellow stang and now about owning several heheheh
70 mach 1.... Blue
72 mach 1.... Blue
80 lx..... red
85 Gt .... Red
87 DPS lx .... Blk
1.88 lx wht
2.88 Gt Green
91 Gt .... Blue
93 Gt vert .... Blk
94 Lx ....Blk
1. 98 Gt Blk
2. 98 Gt Wht
99 Lx ..... Blue
Old 04-16-2005, 02:27 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

NIce to see ya back in a pony!! You sure do have a good wife to let you get one, and to help you find one for you!

It's nice when you're S.O. loves mustangs as much as you do.
Old 04-16-2005, 05:04 PM
01harleydude
2nd Gear Member

nice stang man! good story too. i would have gotten the bling wheels, but i understand some aren't into that. color looks good!
Old 04-17-2005, 02:16 AM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

Congratulations on your new Mustang. It's been 19 years since I last owned a Mustang. I had a 1966 white Mustang convertible with a a 289 and a black pony interior. It only had 24K mile on it. When my son was born, I panicked and sold it. Now 20 years later, I've put a deposit on a 2005 GT convertible. I took my son with me when we went shopping for it and took a GT for a test drive. What a rush! I can't wait to get it.

Screaming yellow was my first choice. I wanted to get it with Black stripes, but my wife did not like yellow. We compromised on torch red with the two tone red interion. I'm happy.