New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New from Western Washington

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 07:20 PM
mjf3757

Default New from Western Washington

Hi Everyone,

Thisis kind of a story of first love found, love lost and love found again: Back in the late sixties/early seventies when my wife started college at Easter Washington University she boughther first car, a red 1966 Mustang coupe, parchment interior with burgundy trim. She bought it from someone that was attending the same school,and drove it until she graduated. She loved that car and always talked about itafter we were married, but she had sold it to another student at theuniversity, later that owner gave it to his sister to attend - yep, the sameschool.

Anyway, at a family birthday party we went to recently we found someone who knew where that very Mustang was located and who owned it, it has been in storage for the past ten years in - you guessed it - a barn. Needless to say I jumped on the chance that they might want to sell it and headed over to central Washington where the car was. It was pretty rough sitting there on it's skinny original sized tires, some rust, will probably need a new front fender and some patching behind the rear wheel wells, will also need an interior and it had been repaintedblack with some gawdawful silver stripe around the swoosh in the body. The engine had been replaced by a 302, but they still have the original 289. All in all, not too bad.

I bought it on the spot, wrote a check and got the title. Gave a rose, a card, and a picture of the mustang to my wife forMother's Day.

I'll keep everyone posted on the restoration.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:18 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: New from Western Washington

Mike, great strory and by all means post some pics...welcome.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:13 AM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New from Western Washington

Welcome to the forums!