New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Help me to buy a Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 03:34 PM
mustang_dream

Default Help me to buy a Mustang!

Hello!

Firstly sorry for my bad english, I'm spanish and I live in Spain, in my contry Ford Motors don't sale this model of car, only importers send mustangs and others exclusive american cars with a more increment of price (more expensive), for example, the Mustang V6 deluxe 2008 (new) costs 19.640$ as www.ford.com, ok, same model in my contry, "key in hand" cost 33.000€ = 51.150$ with 1€ = 1,55$ aprox.

If I buy a second-hand mustang in spain, the price is 25.000€-30.000€ (38.750$-46.500$), it's more expensive, for this reason, I would like to go to United States, and buy a second-hand mustang "cheap", but I have any questions:

- I haven't got American nacionality, Is this a problem to buy a car in USA?

- I haven't got American card leard, but I have Spanish card leard, Is my Spanish card leard valid to drive a car in USA?

- Do yo know a trustworthy dealership to buy mustangs?

I hope to you understand my and thanks you!
Old 05-19-2008, 04:51 PM
mustang_dream

Default RE: Help me to buy a Mustang!

Can anybody help me?
Old 05-20-2008, 11:27 PM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

Hey im not so sure aabout the legal stuff.. but if your going to buy it here.. id say your better off buying it on the eastern side of the US id imagine it would be cheaper (shipping) although id recomend sunrise ford or galpin ford in california
Old 05-20-2008, 11:47 PM
FixFalcon
2nd Gear Member

Ok...I will attempt to answer some of your questions.

1. In America, if you have the money, you can buy a car. They won't care if you are Spanish, Bulgarian, or from another planet.

2. By "American card leard" I am assuming you are talking about a driver's license. You don't need a driver's license to buy a car, but you will need one to drive legally in the U.S. Even if you have a Spanish driver's license, you will STILL need to get one for the U.S. Also, just to let you know, driver's licenses are issued by STATE. ALSO, in most states in the U.S. YOU MUST HAVE CAR INSURANCE to drive legally.

3. Depending on where in the U.S. you come to, you can find many Mustangs. If you are looking for a "second-hand" Mustang, or what we call in the U.S. "used", you can find them all over. What year Mustang are you looking to get? Where in the U.S. are you going to go?
Old 05-21-2008, 09:49 AM
07cspony
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums. All you need to drive in the states is an International Drivers license and proof of insurance. As for where to buy...you can probably find what you want in or around any U.S. port of entry...example, New York city, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Miami, Boston, Baltimore etc.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:57 PM
mustang_dream

ORIGINAL: FixFalcon

Ok...I will attempt to answer some of your questions.

1. In America, if you have the money, you can buy a car. They won't care if you are Spanish, Bulgarian, or from another planet.

2. By "American card leard" I am assuming you are talking about a driver's license. You don't need a driver's license to buy a car, but you will need one to drive legally in the U.S. Even if you have a Spanish driver's license, you will STILL need to get one for the U.S. Also, just to let you know, driver's licenses are issued by STATE. ALSO, in most states in the U.S. YOU MUST HAVE CAR INSURANCE to drive legally.

3. Depending on where in the U.S. you come to, you can find many Mustangs. If you are looking for a "second-hand" Mustang, or what we call in the U.S. "used", you can find them all over. What year Mustang are you looking to get? Where in the U.S. are you going to go?
Thanks for response!

1- OK, perfect!

2- Yes! I'm talking about a driver's license, because If I buy a mustang too far of coast, I'm interesting about "car insurance" that you say, for drive the car until near of any port in the coast.

3- I'm looking a Mustang V6/GT (It depends of price) between years 2005/2008 (last model of mustang) because models of mustang before 2005 can't standardize in my country (European standarization do not permit most level of contamination CO2 that old mustangs not carry out and I can't import them).
I'ts posible that I'm going to go to florida, georgia, or other coast state, near the ports to not drive mustang and avoid a lot of legal problems.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:48 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums, hopefully you get your stang.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:54 AM
VASSAGO
Banned

you can contact a dealership here in the us and make arange ments to have the car shipped right to your house in spain, i used to work at a ford dealer and they did that 2 times for a celeb that wanted the car in another country, so i suggest geting in touch with a ford dealer and explaining to them what you wanna do and they can arange to have the car shipped to you, good luck with this, and welcome to the forum..