New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

My 06 gt convertible is a whole other animal.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Fourwheelhorseman

Default My 06 gt convertible is a whole other animal.....

Hi all... I'm new to this forum, but not new to mustang ownership. My first mustang was purchased in 1988 ( I was 17) it was a 1970 mustang fastback. Throughout the years I have owned several fox body's, both hardtops and convertibles, more recently I purchased an 01 gt premium hardtop and was super impressed with it compared to my more outdated fox body experiences. The Mach 460 sound system was amazing, the power of the 4.6 was also more than satisfying. Well as do all autos it started getting some miles on it( around 140k or so) and I sold it. My wife and I were already planning to buy another as the new owner was driving out of my driveway. We wanted a newer stang and was hoping to get a convertible. We looked at many mustangs, trying to stay within our price range and wanted lower miles... We finally found a clean 06 convertible in nearly perfect condition....with 80k miles on the odometer. I test drove it and we brought it home. The car sure does handle better than any of my others that owned and it seems to be a lot more powerful too.
I do have a few questions though, one is... Is it normal to hear a lot of engine rev in the driver compartment? The inside is very quiet until ya jump on it...then it you can hear a lot of, what sounds like, exhaust or manifold noise. It sounds good... But is that normal? I've lurked on here and read a lot bout the dead spot in the pedal... Which I have, I may take it apart and try my hand at bending the wires. Where's a good place to buy replacement seat covers? I buildseats for Honda for a living, so tearing apart my drivers seat and redoing it is no big deal. It has a large melt mark in one of the panels and a few small holes on the bolster area. I would also like to tune it... Just to eliminate the rev limiter and make it shift a little harder... Any recommendations ? I know this is a long read... So thanks for any replies and help in advance!
Old 02-08-2017, 03:08 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Welcome from Colorado.

Before messing with the accelerator, look up how to reset the throttle response. There is a method, pumping the pedal. etc. can't remember off the top of my head. For a tune, there are dozens out there. American Muscle, VMP, Lund, Brenspeed, those are all great companies.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:38 PM
jarmll

New here myself! Just picked up an 07 GT Vert Auto with 59k. I have driven the car barely over 100 miles, but I like it and so does the wife. Hope you are enjoying your Stang!
Old 02-16-2017, 10:23 AM
RedAtlGT

Thumbs up

i have an 06 coupe, man! welcome!!