New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member, new car, new problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 10:05 PM
Brad6080

Default New member, new car, new problems

Hello all. Just picked up a 95 mustang gt convertible and curious if anyone has had same problems with their car. Car has been sitting in a storage building for at least the past 8 months and not sure how long before that. Put some fresh gas in it and it fired up but ran like crap. Got it loaded on a trailer and back to my shop and found several problems. For 1 there was no distributor hold down at all. Timing was at about 6 degrees before tdc. Got that straitened out then found #6 and 7 plug wires swapped up. Then found the main vacuum line going to the tree just missing all together. Keep in mind this thing fired up and drove onto the trailer.
After finding all of this i figured it has the will to live so I'm in the process of trying to get it back road worthy. The priblem I'm having at the moment is the fuel pressure. It sits at 38 psi when first fired up with the vacuum hose off the regulator for about 45 seconds. During this time it revs fine and idles pretty decent. After that first 45 seconds to a min all hell breaks loose. Pressure starts fluctuating erratically from 27 to 35 psi and drops to 8 if i rev it. Still idles pretty good tho as long as i dont touch the throttle. Also its apparently getting gas in the oil. Left the pressure guage hooked up and after i kill it the pressure actually goes up to around 38 and then drops back to 0 after about an hr. Has anyone seen this? I ordered a walbro 255 for it and plan on changing it out first chance i get. Any help is definitely appreciated
Old 06-20-2017, 10:43 PM
Brad6080

Also went to local salvage yard and found a 96 explorer with the 3 bar gt40 heads. Got those and the intake. This particular explorer intake doesnt have the throttle cable mount so I painted it and plan on installing it soon. So far I have the 3 bar heads, explorer intake, bbk long tubes and x pipe, bbk cai, 75mm bbk throttle body, walbro 255 pump, a set of 24lb injectors, and a fox fuel rail with a bbk adjustable fpr. Thinking im gonna go with the trick flow stage 1 cam and matching spring kit How should this combo do once I get a 4 bank chip?
Old 06-27-2017, 04:15 PM
Brad6080

7 days and not a single reply. Thats sad
Old 06-27-2017, 04:23 PM
JimC

Not surprising - this isn't where many people are going to go to talk about specific vehicles. You need to post in the sub-section for the 1995 GT. That is where you will hit the people that have information regarding your specific model year.