New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Greetings everybody. Looking into purchasing a 2006 GT. Wanted to know your thoughts.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 03:55 PM
scubaguypnw

Default Greetings everybody. Looking into purchasing a 2006 GT. Wanted to know your thoughts.

Hello everybody,

I currently own a base model '94, and years ago I owned a base model '91. I enjoyed both cars but I have an opportunity to pick up a 2006 GT and I am salivating, but also want to make sure I am going into this intelligently. The car seems to be in immaculate shape. I had a short test drive last Friday and she felt great. I am planning on heading back tomorrow to see about finalizing the purchase but thought it would be a good idea to check in here.

Here is the link to the dealerships listing for the car.

I specifically am looking to learn these things:
How do I find out what features like traction control the car might have?
Was navigation offered as some sort of Ford installed option or was it after market?
and I want to know if it is possible to "re-key" the car. As in, make it so the chip in the old keys (and key fobs) the old owner might still own will no longer work. Also, if this is possible, how much should I expect to pay to have Ford (I'm assuming) do this?

Feel free to add anything else I am not thinking of.

Thanks guys!
Old 12-06-2017, 04:10 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

KBB has it at $11900 on the top end of the scale and at $12999, I'm guessing they will lop off $1K easily. It appears to be a premium model with the leather and navigation included in the option package. I wouldn't re-key it if the dealer gives you 2 fobs. It is very expensive to do that. All cars of that vintage have traction control of some sort. It probably doesn't have a limited slip since it is a automatic. A quick burn out will confirm that. Looks like a nice car. Good luck.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:01 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Hmm, 12K for a car that has almost 100K its a bit too much. I think. I did not know navagation was an option, but I did not order mine, just got it off the lot. Let us know what u decide.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:27 PM
scubaguypnw

Thanks for the replies,

I have already talked them down to 9 so I feel I am doing well there. I am also in school to be a software developer and my current salary will almost triple so I'm not as concerned about the price as I otherwise would be. I do however, want to learn as much as I can about what I am most likely purchasing. I looked through images of factory installed navigation and even though I am sure most of the images were actually after market installs and not factory I could not see anything that matched what is installed on this car. Seems to only have a single "****/dial" in the upper left side of the screen.

Thanks for all the info guys, I plan to be an active member of this forum.