New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Old & New

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 09:43 AM
Tony`s 66

Default Old & New

I need a lot of HELP. I want to put parts of a new mustang in a old one ( 2015 to 1966 ) . I would like to use the new motor, transmission, shock towers, front clip??? How much can I get away with? The 1966 is ready to be bead blasted & I am looking for a donor ( 2015 & newer ) car. My cousin says I`m going Hellcat hunting, so I need help drowning his CAT. Thanks to all & help me make one FAST CAT killer.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:54 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Can get away with almost anything if you know how to fabricate, weld, and
design... There won't be any direct installs... It will all be drawing board,
design, fabrication, plumbing, wiring, line up, install...

You're anything mustang isn't taking a Hellcat, not if he's using the RED key...
Even if you could drop a 5.0 coyote w/supercharger, you aren't putting out 707HP.
IF he has a Charger, those do even better on the 1/4 mile than the Challenger.

That motor, at WOT, will suck ALL the air out of a sealed 12'x12' room in 1.5 minutes.

This motor has done so well, the 2nd Viper rebirth will be getting a 2nd gen Hellcat
motor; not the first 2020s, but later models will.

Plus, with new mods used for the Demon, that motor will put out 900HP. Then, Hennesesy
decided that was not good enough; THEIR mods will do 1035 HP. The Demon, with the
Hennessey package, does 0-60 in UNDER 60 seconds. That even beats the Tomahawk,
which is a dodge prototype motorcycle with a Viper V10 on it.

I like what Dodge does, but I don't have the money to enjoy it.... Especially without a garage.
if I had a Garage, you would not be reading this, because I would have a Challenger, not an '08
Mustang. It was too good a deal to pass up, plus the 1000 of work they had to put into it... They
lost money. I watched it drop from 8900 to 5900, and I ended up getting it for 5800.. I could not
even find a V6 Challenger for under $10,000.

A 2015 GT500 Mustang off the lot, isn't even taking a Hellcat. The coyote will need some
serious upgrades, and with what you are gonna pay for that, AND making the front end of a
'66 to look like the '15, would hardly be worth the disappointment.