New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

hello! Request for advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 07:30 PM
JimC

Hmm, so you recognize that you aren't allowed to post a for sale ad yet, so easy, just post it here as a stealth for sale ad?
Old 02-21-2019, 12:16 PM
sitecast

Thanks for your super-friendly welcome to the website Jim!! Actually, no, your presumption is dead wrong...if you will take the time to go and re-read my message, I am seeking input from more experienced individuals on "HOW" to go about selling my Shelby...as in, what websites,blogs, vendors, etc...and/or whether consignment dealers make sense, etc etc....and I gave enough info on the car...and my location.... to try and give any (more) helpful folks (than you) enough info to provide me that type of advice...because one doesn't market a modern Shelby in near the same manner or the same places or use the same vendors, as a 67 fastback...or a 92" coupe, etc.

Trust me, it would have been much, much easier to simply post a simple ad in this section w/ ONLY facts on car only and my contact info, if I simply wanted to place an ad as you said...or if I wanted the type of response I got from you...rather than to provide the amount of info I did in the original posting. But, as this is not my first experience with "enthusiast blogs"...I knew better.

I WAS looking fwd to being a member of this site, even after I sell my car *(as I think I said in the ad)….because I have owned other stangs and will own more in future....but now...not so much. Maybe some friendlier Stang enthusiasts can change my mind. Hoping and betting so...regardless of whether they have useful info....and even if they only reply to apologize for your rudeness to a newcomer.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:41 PM
sitecast

Default Advice on HOW to best sell a 2016 GT-350

JUST TO BE CLEAR - this is NOT an ad for my car!!!

I live in TX and am seeking to sell my 16' GT-350, and I am seeking advice on HOW best to do this from any of you that have recently sold similar cars. Trade-in is not an option as I don't need another vehicle right now and don't want to simply sell to a dealer as that's always bottom of the barrel price, sans a trade element to the transaction. When I started this process last year, I used a couple of the better known web-based services that list all makes and models of auto for sale, for a fee...but I seemed to only get calls from businesses that wanted to help me sell the car, not actual buyers. I am not seeking an above market price, just "fair" / "market", and feel the listed price reflected that, and I even lowered price several times to what I thought was slightly below market...and had a couple other mustang enthusiasts look at the ad for a "sanity check"....before losing focus and letting the ads expire last fall. SO, I am re-starting this now.

Does anyone who has been down this path have suggestions on whether consignment lots make sense, or not? If so, any specific suggestions on any in this area? Websites, clubs or other groups or services that could help or are good places to post an actual ad? Any advice is appreciated. Its a great car and I want to see it go to a real mustang enthusiast if possible, but I also don't have several hours each day to pursue this, and I will prob be forced to trade w/ a dealer in next couple months if I can't identify a better method, or possibly just keep it if I get frustrated enough. SO, any suggestions on a good sales methodology, tips, tricks, or your own experience, are appreciated in advance!!!

Thank you!