Oil and Oil Related Topics A place to post your oil related questions and comments

First time changing Mach 1's oil and oil filter myself. Lots of Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SCCAGT
Actually it can be beat.
Although, for the money, its a damn good value for what you get. I'm not knocking it.

Now, like most products, you get what you pay for. If you want the "***** best", Amsoil is the way to go.

As far as going with "cheaper synthetics", understand that you are NOY buying a synthetic oil. It has been discussed to no end on every car forum. Pennzoil, Quaker State, Valvoline, Castrol (the instigator of all this fake stuff), etc, are regular oils further formulated to mimic a synthetic in its new condition. As these fakes get used, they break down and lose all their "synthetic" attributes the same way as non-synthetic-labeled dino oils.

For information on this extra refining process, you can wiki "hydrocracking". It's a process used for many products, including motor oils.
This post is 100% fact, great post!
Old 07-29-2010, 01:13 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by SCCAGT
Actually it can be beat.
Although, for the money, its a damn good value for what you get. I'm not knocking it.

Now, like most products, you get what you pay for. If you want the "***** best", Amsoil is the way to go.

As far as going with "cheaper synthetics", understand that you are NOY buying a synthetic oil. It has been discussed to no end on every car forum. Pennzoil, Quaker State, Valvoline, Castrol (the instigator of all this fake stuff), etc, are regular oils further formulated to mimic a synthetic in its new condition. As these fakes get used, they break down and lose all their "synthetic" attributes the same way as non-synthetic-labeled dino oils.

For information on this extra refining process, you can wiki "hydrocracking". It's a process used for many products, including motor oils.
Most Stang guys change their oil at either 3-5k intervals so spending big money on Amsoil or any other long interval oil is not worth it.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:22 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

my 05 is my dd

if I changed it every 5000,at the rate I have been putting on the miles latey I would be crawling under there every 4 weeks , no thanks
and there are only 3 extended drain oils to choose from.
and 1 of them is mobil1, so that rules that out.

I will have hit 100,000 by labor day, so my system seems to be working good for me.

even in my motorcycle that only gets about 4000 miles a year , I refuse to let price decide the quality of oil I use.

Last edited by ShadyNinja; 07-29-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
Most Stang guys change their oil at either 3-5k intervals so spending big money on Amsoil or any other long interval oil is not worth it.
were they brainwashed by the big oil companies too?
Old 07-29-2010, 06:24 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

^^^ most of america is
Old 07-30-2010, 07:12 AM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DreamerGT
^^^ most of america is
I can hear it now....

the CEO OF *INSERT OIL COMPANY HERE* makes a TRUTHomercial

My fellow americans, I only make 500,000 every year, and really need you to change your oil every 3,000 miles or every three months to increase our stock value.

We know the oil we sell would last at least 7,500, but we need to more than double our profits. This year my goal is to make 1,000,000.

Thank you, and change your oil today!
That about sums it up!
Old 07-30-2010, 11:59 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by Unleashedbeast
I can hear it now....

the CEO OF *INSERT OIL COMPANY HERE* makes a TRUTHomercial

That about sums it up!
Nope! More like I dumped tons of money on the motor build, blower, etc. so OCD kicks in and says OCI at 3k
Old 08-11-2010, 11:43 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Lol wanna talk about OCD, i change mine every 3 months with synpower regarldess of mileage. Sometimes the oild only has 100 miles on it..........only tim ei dont change on 3 month interval is over winter storage, but i change it before i store it and when i bring it back out......................................
Old 08-11-2010, 03:23 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Lol wanna talk about OCD, i change mine every 3 months with synpower regarldess of mileage. Sometimes the oild only has 100 miles on it..........only tim ei dont change on 3 month interval is over winter storage, but i change it before i store it and when i bring it back out......................................
I understand^^^^
Go with the Motorcraft 5w30 blend!
I keep plenty in stock