Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Turbo Or S/C

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 08:44 PM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Default Turbo Or S/C

Here soon, i will be adding one of these. Whatever i do, i will only have it to about 4-6psi to bein with since i will have a stock engine. As i mod the engine, i will want to boost up the PSI for more power. I was looking at the Whipple S/C and Turbo setup. I was wondering which of these would make better power when fully used. In the end, i want to max out the S/C or Turbo once i forge the engine.

-W
Old 04-13-2006, 09:00 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Turbo Or S/C

to "max out" a sc or turbo youll need a new block to handle it. and its not a good idea to run anything at its max output. just below is better. id go turbo personally. less paracitic hp loss
Old 04-13-2006, 09:18 PM
91stang
4th Gear Member

personally i'd go with the turbo. but before i thought to do that i'd build the bottom end first them put in the turbo so your not limited to 9 psi with a stock block
Old 04-13-2006, 09:38 PM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Ok well i dont mean MAXXXXXXX out but i wanted to know what offered me more PSI potential after i redo the engine. I have a 06 GT btw if that helps.

-W
Old 04-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Dirty Sanchez
3rd Gear Member

Another vote for the Turbizzle.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:55 PM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Yea the more and more i see things on the net and read posts, the more i think the turbo is the way to go. Also... I heard a while ago, like 6 years when i younger before i really knew what exactly a turbo was and how it works, that they go out after time and you have to replace them. Any truth to this?

-W
Old 04-14-2006, 12:34 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

nothing lasts forever. turbos i dont think wear out any faster then a sc would
Old 04-14-2006, 12:37 AM
93BlackNotch
2nd Gear Member

YOU CAN RUN MORE THAN 6LBS ON A STOCK BOTTOM END.... YOU CAN RUN UP TO 15LBS WITH EASE.... IT'S ALL IN THE TUNE.....

Turbos last a long time, they will probably out last the car... I don't know who you heard that from but they are wrong...
Old 04-14-2006, 12:45 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

not like you're really gonna do it, but turbo is the overall best. i wouldn't do it unless you build your engine to really pump some power out. if you're only "planning" on running like 6psi, just get a supercharger and save yourself a few grand.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:23 AM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

I was only talking about running 6psi or so when i first install either the S/C or the Turbo. Then, after i take care of the other things, suspension, cluch, rear end, etc, i want to get forged insides and then boost either the S/C or the turbo up to what it's really able to do. I dont plan on getting another short block or anything so stock block with forged insides, whatever that PSI will handle with a proper tune, i just wanted to know what made better power when i want to go bigger then just 6psi. Not really more RWHP but all around power curve.

I have decided it's either a whipple S/C or a Single Turbo (no need for a double correct if i not going to be like completely redoing the whole engine?)

-W

Quick Reply: Turbo Or S/C