Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Meth injection with a twin screw?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 04:17 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default Meth injection with a twin screw?

I'm getting the whipple non IC kit for the 05+ GT. Would it be worth it to run a snow performance kit? They sell one that works off the MAF signal voltage and they say is better for twin screws. I'm worried about injecting before the blower, which I'd have to do of course. Also i'm not really looking for a huge power increase, just like the idea of cooler temps and cleaning out carbon would be nice. Should I run a small amount of meth and more distilled water then?

Anyone with meth and a twin screw?
Old 08-13-2007, 04:37 AM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Meth injection with a twin screw?

Meth is always a good idea when you don't have an intercooler. Tests have shown it doesn't hurt your engine. It does a good job of cooling your intake temps and it raises your octane to help prevent detonation. It doesn't increase the hp as much as it does on a centri. charger engine but still a good idea.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:15 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

i would play with the water/meth ratio, just keep it at 50/50
Old 08-13-2007, 04:54 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: luckythirteen13

Did you mean you wouldn't play with the ratio? I want it just for it's cooling properties, but for some reason if it failed to work i'd like the engine to still stay together without it. Can you throw a 50/50 meth/water kit on without tuning? I don't want to have to advance the timing or run more boost to keep from running to rich. I was thinking a 70/30 mix would be better.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:45 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

always run 50/50 meth/distilled water...it is the proven optimal mixture. i made 40whp just from the cooling properties (intercooled as well) which was more than worth the money spent on it...i wouldn't expect results like that but you'll certainly benefit from it even without a tune. i know more than a few people running w/m injection with a twin screw...def get the maf kit as the screws create boosts at very low rpms
Old 08-13-2007, 06:53 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

ORIGINAL: luckythirteen13

Did you mean you wouldn't play with the ratio? I want it just for it's cooling properties, but for some reason if it failed to work i'd like the engine to still stay together without it. Can you throw a 50/50 meth/water kit on without tuning? I don't want to have to advance the timing or run more boost to keep from running to rich. I was thinking a 70/30 mix would be better.
ya thats what i meant. if you dont want to tune the motor for meth then its probably not for you. its not designed as a band aid, its meant for adding more power by allowing a more aggressive tune. i think snow has a controller that will pull timing automatically if you run out of meth.

personally, i wouldnt even bother with it unless it was a centrifical sc. i would invest in a air/water intercooler since those types of blowers run hot whether your under boost or not
Old 08-13-2007, 07:17 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: turbostang21

always run 50/50 meth/distilled water...it is the proven optimal mixture. i made 40whp just from the cooling properties (intercooled as well) which was more than worth the money spent on it...i wouldn't expect results like that but you'll certainly benefit from it even without a tune. i know more than a few people running w/m injection with a twin screw...def get the maf kit as the screws create boosts at very low rpms
i've always run 70/30 mix (blue wiper fluid) and i picked up 50RWHP. the difference in gains between 70/30 and 50/50 when they were tuning my car weren't worth the trouble of buying or mixing the 50/50 stuff.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:22 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Well whipple recommends spray after the SC. I sent them an emai asking it it would hurt any protective coatings on the screws.

Would there be a problem hooking it up to one of the ports for the intercooler? How about hooking it to both ports ( i think there's one on each side) and using smaller injectors to make sure each side of the engine is getting an equal amount.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:23 AM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

ORIGINAL: turbostang21

i've always run 70/30 mix (blue wiper fluid) and i picked up 50RWHP. the difference in gains between 70/30 and 50/50 when they were tuning my car weren't worth the trouble of buying or mixing the 50/50 stuff.
interesting....i know people who use winshield wiper fluid who say it works well. i'm pretty sure the one brand they use is darn close to a 50/50 mixture though too...just about .00002 blue dye. i get 5 gal of pure methanol just a few mins away so it's not a hassle for me and it ends up cheaper. 5 gals last a really long time
Old 08-14-2007, 10:34 PM
ktm300
2nd Gear Member

I have the k/b set up and its making 13psi and the motor was tuned for 50/50 water/meth. It made a big difference, and now I run more agressive timing little or no detonation. You can use windshield washer fluid as long as its rated to at least -20, shake the bottle and if it foams up it has detergents and u dont want to use it.