Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe 351 W Mustang 2 Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 01:16 AM
bullygirls

Default 1967 Ford Mustang Coupe 351 W Mustang 2 Suspension

Ford : Mustang
1967 Ford Mustang Coupe 351 W Mustang 2 Suspension

Miles: 99999 Doors: 2 doors or more
Transmission: Manual Interior: Green
Engine: 8 - Cyl. Year: 1967
Warranty: No VIN Number: --
Title: Clear Exterior: Green
Condition: Used Inspection: --

Vehicle Description

This car has been my project for almost the last two years, and it now needs to go, as I need money for school, and can't afford the Mustang. I've put nearly $15,000 into since I bought it, and I can't afford that anymore.
It is a 67 Coupe, with Lime Gold Metallic paint, matching interior color. It was originally a 289 PS, AC, AT. However all of that and more are gone. The body is mostly original, and one of the best ones you'll find anywhere near Chicago. The body has 314,000 miles on it, but the only thing that hasn't been replaced in the last year is the rear axle. I bought it off a guy who was moving to Washington State, and he brought it from Arizona. He said he was the second owner, and that his friend bought it new. Thats where I got the 314000 on it, 14,000 on the odometer, but he said it had rolled 3x.

Engine

The engine is a 351W bored out to a 356. It has fully assembled Edelbrock Performer RPM 351W heads, 1.76 roller rockers, Edelbrock Performer Intake, and an Edelbrock 650 CFM Carb (man choke). It also has the full MSD ignition setup, from the box to the distributor and wires. The previous owner had it built, and I bought it with 200 miles on it. When it was built and tuned, the engine was dynoed at 398 hp, 412 ftlbs. However last month I had the car dynoed, and it put 254hp and 320 ftlbs to the wheels. It was only ran upto 4500 rpm, as the baffles were leaking oil out the valve covers. I fixed that with new Edelbrock Valve Covers. The dyno tech said he expected the engine to put between 285-290 to the wheels by 5500, and much more if we had the time to tune it properly. However I haven't had the time or the money to bring it back. The engine now has about 3500 miles on it.

Trans

The transmission is a rebuilt Toploader 4 speed manual transmission that had all new parts used. The only used parts that were put in with the transmission where the tranny itself and the bell housing, shifter arm, and pedals, all other parts were new. New linkages, shifter, clutch, pressure plate, pilot bearing, throughout bearing. All of its new. I even bought the correct speedo gears for it, but the one in the transmission is stripped, so the speedo doesn't work.

Interior

The interior is mostly stock. It is all the green that came with the car. I have vinyl matching floor mats for it, as well as the dash pad cover. The seats are in good shape, but they all show some wear. The front ones have only a few cuts and scrapes, the rear one is split along the top on the passenger side, see pics. The carpet will also need to be replaced, as it is rotted and falling apart. The TACH is new, as is the steering column, and the LeCarra steering wheel. It also has a Rampage CD player, but I can't find the faceplate, so its next to useless. Everthing else on the inside is in great shape.

Suspension

This is where most of the money went on the car. It has an all new Heidt's Mustang 2 Independent Front Suspension. It came with all new components, and a welded in Subframe in the front. It has disc brakes, a 1" sway bay, Rack and Pinion Steering, and it all works great. The difference in how it drives now is unreal compared to the old suspension. The suspension in the front required the removal of the shock towers, and to compensate for the weakness, I had Global West Subframe connectors put in, as well as a Monte Carlo bar. Again the difference those made in the way the car drives is outstanding. The subframe also required a Milodan 8qt rear sump oil pan be put on the 351. I have not had any problem with the front suspension at all. To cover up the holes in the fender, I welded in some sheet metal to clean up the appearance. The rear suspension is all stock, and the only thing I put on was all new brakes in the back. Everything from the drum to the wheel cylinders were replaced.

Extras

Included in the auction is a large amount of extra parts for the car. I had another 67 that I stripped out before, and am getting rid of all the leftover parts from that as well. I have fenders, all the glass, the AC system, dash parts, rear seat, decklid, radiator, and boxes of wiring, bolts, nuts, screws, and other random parts. There have been few times when I needed to go to the parts store to get the small things to complete a project. There is also a 302 rotating assembly, with new pistons, that needs work done to make it driveable again, a c-4 that needs to be rebuilt, and full length floor pans. All of this should go with the car, as if you ever need a part, it is probably in that stash.

Rust

I know a lot of people are going to ask me about the rust. The floor pans are SOLID! For the first time this weekend I found the first hole on the driver's side through the metal. It should be replaced, but thats what the floor pans are there for. The passenger side should be fine, but there is not major rust damage on the car. The other rust on the car is in the pictures, the larger area is still on the surface, and if I have time, I'll sand it, and spot prime it before I sell the car.

Other things

The hood is the stock hood, but the engine with the suspension would not clear it, so we put on a GT 350 hood scoop to cover the hole, and then gave the hood a total overhaul, all the way down to the metal. Its repainted factory Lime Gold Metallic, and looks awesome for a father-son job.

THERE IS NOTHING KEEPING THIS MUSTANG OFF THE STREETS!!!! The only things it needs are cosmetic things. A full paint job, and new interior, and new trim would make this Mustang really stick out amoung the crowd. I'm sure there is plenty I am forgetting, so please feel free to ask me.