Ride Of The Month Does your Mustang have what it takes to be ROTM?

suggestions for the ROTM contests.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 03:36 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Originally Posted by timspony
...Perhaps since the winner of ROTM selects 3 cars, why don't you, the Mods, set it up the winner selects/picks, 3, Mod. approved, Mustang's from different generations so that you don't get a lot of "stacking"...this way the Mods. can fill in the gaps!

...Just food for thought Tim
not a fan of this....

I feel like if you end up with a 65 vs cobra vs 08 GT/CS, it will come down to picking the one you drive.

at least before the cars were on generally equal footing- verts against others, foxes against foxes. not a fox vs cobra vs 69mach 1
Old 01-09-2010, 03:47 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

I think we should just do the mod approved picks. I don't think having 1 pick from each generation will work long. However if they feel that they should do that then they can.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:52 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Originally Posted by NYstang
not a fan of this....

I feel like if you end up with a 65 vs cobra vs 08 GT/CS, it will come down to picking the one you drive.

at least before the cars were on generally equal footing- verts against others, foxes against foxes. not a fox vs cobra vs 69mach 1
Yup, just go back to how it was, the voting was always close. Never a landslide
Old 01-13-2010, 07:47 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jthorn9
Problem with ROTM on this site is that it's pretty much the same members that get nominated cause most of us have been on here for a while, and rarely do noobs get noticed. So in short, a lot of us quit caring about ROTM because it's pretty much a popularity contest, not a real contest for best car.
You know what is so funny about you posting that is your the reason I stopped coming into ROTM setion. If I remember right your yellow car would get nominated for the 5.0 and SN95 months. Not saying your car wasn't deserving it just got a little old with your car always getting nominated. I'm not trying to be a jerk just thought it was ironic
Old 01-14-2010, 12:01 AM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

I think it's been posted already, but I think each month should have different categories ie: best S197 GT, best Fox, best FI, etc, etc. And the winner is ineligible for nomination for let's say 3-4 months. That way, it gives more members an opportunity for nomination.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:56 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

i wouldnt say 'best', since your opinion of the best isnt the same as the enxt guys. white makes this a a vote, not bloodline. thats why we arent british!
Old 01-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Originally Posted by BA Mustang
Yeah!!! They agreed!! We have moved up to the top!
Good job BA and labgirl!
Old 01-14-2010, 07:58 PM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NYstang
i wouldnt say 'best', since your opinion of the best isnt the same as the enxt guys. white makes this a a vote, not bloodline. thats why we arent british!
LOL....no what I meant was having categories titled as such. Of course having like 4 or 5 nominations each month that the members vote from. But like I said before, this way, more members are nominated/winning based on different factors (V6, stock, FI, you get the idea).
Old 01-14-2010, 09:44 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

let the chick pick the rides
Old 01-14-2010, 10:43 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Originally Posted by bronxbomba63
LOL....no what I meant was having categories titled as such. Of course having like 4 or 5 nominations each month that the members vote from. But like I said before, this way, more members are nominated/winning based on different factors (V6, stock, FI, you get the idea).
just bustin your *****!

one other idea is instead of just doing like the nomination, 2nd, and your in is that Ive had everyone say who they want in for 7 days. at the end, the 5 peoplewith the most nominations gets in- then its not jsut the first 5 with 2 people wanting them.

Quick Reply: suggestions for the ROTM contests.