Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

GT Take Off Sways...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 10:03 PM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

Default GT Take Off Sways...

Hello All,
For all those that have not added a rear sway, I just added rear sway and replaced front sway..............this mod is probably the best what I have done so far.......besides shorty antenna, this is a real improvement on handling, night and day difference......seeming I have a vert, this is a must mod......though it is my opinion............their are probably many other aftermarket sways out their, I still think for the money that the take offs are the ticket.....[sm=exactly.gif]

Cheers....

Diversified Marketing....................ask for Nick! or St. Nick! Ho Ho Ho!
Old 12-02-2006, 10:06 PM
merlinsrealm
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GT Take Off Sways...

Did you need to buy extra pieces for the swaybars?
Old 12-02-2006, 11:29 PM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: merlinsrealm

Did you need to buy extra pieces for the swaybars?
The Bars came complete, just hardware is to be purchased...(Nuts & Bolts)

Part#’s Bars

Vert Bars (upper link is white in color)
REAR BAR; "6R33 5A771 AA FORD R648B
FRONT BAR; "6R33 5482 BA FORD R648B

Coupe Bars (upper link is black in color)
REAR BAR; "6R33 5A771 AA FORD R648A
FRONT BAR; "6R33 5482 BA FORD R648A

Part#’s Hardware (Nut & Bolts)

Rear Sways…
upper link bolt (2) w708737*s439
upper link nuts (2) w711029*s900 (These were not available at Ford, ½ nuts and washers) Ford won’t carry extremely common nut and bolts, this is what I was told?, went to Home Depot…
bracket nuts (4) w520213*s440
bracket bolts snap in style w707007*s439 (new #)

Front Sways…
Just swap out bar, use existing nut and bolts…

------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I you are interested I have 2 extra upper link bolts......they came in a pack of 4.......

Old 12-03-2006, 04:39 PM
cookiemonster
2nd Gear Member

The original sways that came with your car didn't work well?
Old 12-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Cookiemonster, the V6 only comes with a front sway bar (excluding the pony package vehicles) and it is a smaller diameter bar. Adding the GT front bar will provide a minor improvement, but adding the rear bar will make a world of difference in your handling. So it's not really a question of well, but rather degree of performance. For normal driving, the stock, front only, sway bar on the non-pony package Mustangs works fine, and might even give you a smoother ride, but if you are planning on carving any corners at speed, you will want to upgrade your front sway bar and add the rear one.

Hope that helps
Old 12-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Ruc22

I just completed the installation of my GT takeoff sways this afternoon. I haven't had a chance to really test them out so I'll know more tomorrow. But I can definitely feel that the steering is more responsive and the car turns quicker with less "float". I got mine from Nick at Diversified marketing too. Now my next project is to install the leather GT seatcovers....
Old 12-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

gt leather seat covers shouldn't be that bad. You'll probably need someone to stretch the leather while u staple it down. All u need is a big flathead screw driver that you can get some leverage on and a staple gun....pretty simple....
ORIGINAL: Ruc22

I just completed the installation of my GT takeoff sways this afternoon. I haven't had a chance to really test them out so I'll know more tomorrow. But I can definitely feel that the steering is more responsive and the car turns quicker with less "float". I got mine from Nick at Diversified marketing too. Now my next project is to install the leather GT seatcovers....