Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Steeda 3pt. frame rail & torque box brace

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 02:50 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda 3pt. frame rail & torque box brace

you are still not getting it - the Steeda pieces that he is referring to are NOT SUBFRAME CONNECTORS. They are designed to reinforce the torque boxes, which are notorious for ripping , especially on Fox bodied cars. I ripped my own and have seen countless others. These pieces are not designed to stiffen the chassis.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:22 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

you are still not getting it - the Steeda pieces that he is referring to are NOT SUBFRAME CONNECTORS. They are designed to reinforce the torque boxes, which are notorious for ripping , especially on Fox bodied cars. I ripped my own and have seen countless others. These pieces are not designed to stiffen the chassis.
Actually you are still wrong.

First off I know what battle boxes are. I already looked into them for my current car, but after researching it I don't feel it is needed untill you are making 600+ HP and running slicks. I'm just having mine welded up when I do the subframes and have the body seams welded.

Like I said the BMR Boxed subframes are welded to the LCA boxes. They do the same damn thing as the steeda unit. Unlike the steeda unit the BMR also stiffen the rest of the car. I'll take the welded BMR over the bolt in design (yes it can be welded, but it was designed for bolt in use, which is why its not designed like a subframe)
Old 01-17-2007, 03:30 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

I understand the BMR subframes attach at the boxes. My subframes are custom, and are being tied in there as well. What I am saying is that the Steeda units are NOT subframe connectors! they do NOT TIE THE FRONT AND REAR SUBFRAMES TOGETHER, meaning they are NOTsubframe connectors. they are designed only to stiffen the torque boxes.

the answer to his question is that while yes, they are a benefit, subframe connectors would be a better choice, as they would adress that area at the same time.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:41 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

What we pointed out early on is that STEEDA charges $10 less for there crap while you can get a boxed subframe for $10 more.
So why would you even consider buying the steeda ones
Old 01-17-2007, 12:45 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

I would not consider buying them. Anything to increase chasis rigidity is worthless without being welded in anyway. What you have to understand is that the person asking the question doesn't know that. Telling him that BMR subframe connectors do the same thing is a little misleading. Subframe connectors stiffen the entire chasis as well as the torque boxes. The Steeda units only support the torque boxes. It's like saying non ajustable control arms are the same thing as adjustable uppers and lowers. My point is to answer the question he asked and THEN explain the benefits of another product.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:25 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Yea.. my point was these can do everything the steedas do and more...
Old 01-17-2007, 04:44 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

okay i'm happy now

it's like a guy asking about nitrous and saying "get a blower it does the same thing" lol

it does - but nooot exactly lol