Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Do our daily drivers need the Tpokico D-Specs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 11:31 PM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

Default Do our daily drivers need the Tpokico D-Specs?

I do want my car to handle better on the road, however I don't take my car to the strip or any sort of auto cross. The D-Specs are $529 however would I even get the full benefit of having them? Brenspeed also has a Mustang Tokico HP Shock/Strut Package that are $329, would this be plenty for a street car? I planned on lowering the car, doing LCAs, Panhard & Brace. http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/suspension.html
Old 05-09-2007, 02:22 AM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Do our daily drivers need the Tpokico D-Specs?

ORIGINAL: OxSMSxO

I do want my car to handle better on the road, however I don't take my car to the strip or any sort of auto cross. The D-Specs are $529 however would I even get the full benefit of having them? Brenspeed also has a Mustang Tokico HP Shock/Strut Package that are $329, would this be plenty for a street car? I planned on lowering the car, doing LCAs, Panhard & Brace. http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/suspension.html

OxSMAxO,

If you can appreciate the difference in handling better dampers canmake the Tokico's are well worth the money you spend on them. You will thank me every time you get in your car and drive it. Even with the stock springs you haveno idea howwell the new S197 Mustangs can handle until you install a set of D-Spec struts and dampers. Whatever you do, don't get sucked into the cheaper non-adjustable struts and dampers,they are NOT the same byany comparison and cannot provide the just right damping rates of an adjustable damper setup. They are FIXED rate dampers justlike the stock struts and rear dapmers and if you didn't like the stock damper rates what makes you think you will like the rates somebody else picked for the sportier dampers? They don't have your car with your springs, your tires andyour roads totune them to. With a set of D-Specs you can do the tuning andset them to the ride and handling levels you like, not some engineersitting in an office in Japan!

Cheers/Chip

Old 05-09-2007, 02:34 AM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

Listen to Chip, I did and have been very happy because of him. I got my Stang last year and wondered if the Tokico’s were worth getting. Chip was posting information about how good they were and I listened to him. With the Steeda UlrtaLite springs and Tokico struts and dampers the car handles about 200% better and rides better than stock.

Earl
Old 05-09-2007, 02:45 AM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

Appreciate the input guys! I will wait a bit longer, finish the engine mods and 4.10s, then try and do all suspension work at the same time.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:47 AM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OxSMSxO

Appreciate the input guys! I will wait a bit longer, finish the engine mods and 4.10s, then try and do all suspension work at the same time.

That's the ticket!

Cheers/Chip

Old 05-09-2007, 09:01 AM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

I just had D-Specs installed last friday. They are every bit as good as these guys are saying. And they are VERY easy to adjust. Just a few turns and you can make your car ride however you like. If you plan on dropping your ride these shocks are a must.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:18 AM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

You guys are killing me!! My D Specs are sitting in my parents garage until I get time to install them. I ordered new strut bearings just in case. The dealership has them but the parts dept hours are 8-5, same as mine!! Hopefully I'll get to do the install Sunday!