Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Eibach sportline kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 04:08 PM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

Default Eibach sportline kit

Is anyone here using the sportline kit with the f 1.6" and R 2.1" drop ? i am going to do my suspension this following month but im undecided can someone shown me some pictures, i want to drop the most i can. and i thing thats good enough i saw the regular eibach kit but i want a little more. thanks
Old 05-28-2007, 04:31 AM
dseid2
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Eibach sportline kit

Kleistang

I went with the Eibach Pro Kit fora street/occasional track application. I have had lower cars but got sick of constantly crunching my front spoiler every time I park and bottoming out over speed bumps. If you install the Sportlines you will have a more aggressive look but you will have to watch the front spoiler every time you park or you could bang it up, thePro Kit I installed just clears most curbs. If you go with the Sportlines your tires may not wear correctly if you don’t get camber adjusters. You may also need items such as a bump steerkit, frontcontrol arm relocation kit and maybe ball joints for lowered cars to get the frontsuspension geometry back into shape if your tires don’t wear correctly.On the rear you may need an adjustable panhard rod, adjustable lower control arms, rear trailing arm relocation kitand adjustable upper control arm. I didthe adjustable panhard rodon my Stang forhandling and theadjustable LCA's on myStang forbetter traction off the line.I have 4,500 miles on my front tires since I did the Pro Kit and they are wearing fine without any camber modifications, but the Pro Kit only lowers the front 1.3" and the back 1.5".

Good luck!

[IMG]local://upfiles/63299/D69B211880DA4C82999CF3B8F29B4FDF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/63299/682554FA979F47998DDEBA46BF92A79C.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-30-2007, 12:16 AM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

what if i buy this. http://www.lmperformance.com/5693/73.htmlplus a panhard bar. do you think i would get and aligthment and drive it well until i can get the rest of the parts ?
Old 05-30-2007, 05:28 AM
dseid2
2nd Gear Member

kleistang:

I clicked on you link and sure you can just put the Sportlines on,but your suspension geometry is going to be off. At minimum have you have to do the dampers, stock dampers wont last for long with Sprotlines,camber adjusters to get the front end aligned, adjustable lower control arms (and/or andadjustable upper control arm)for the pinion angle and an adjustable panhard rod to center the rear axle. If you do it on the cheap you will end up spending more money on broken parts and tiresin the end. You should save up until you can afford to do it right andyou should definitely seek the advice of a professional.

Best Regards
Old 05-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I have th FRPP springs/dampers which lowers the car about 1.5"and curbs ARE a problem , you should see my front spoiler [:@] I love the look and the feel but I have to pull in short when parking most places. I agree with dseid2 do it right the first time. Now I am working on getting the susepnsion parts the previous owner did not so that I can install other perfomrance mods properly. I priced that last night and if I go Steeda suspension only it'll be about $850 for parts a litle more if I go wiith other brands such as BMR.