Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

lowering springs installed....

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 06:04 PM
rravolt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How about Steeda ProAction shocks

thanks that really helps alot for other suspension mods i was gonna go with a g track brace, rear sway bar, panhard rod, panhard brace, and lca's is this a good start with the tokico d-specs and i think im gonna go with the sport springs from steeda cus i just looked at the lowering for the competition springs and thats just too low for the roads where i am
Old 07-07-2007, 10:59 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rravolt

thanks that really helps alot for other suspension mods i was gonna go with a g track brace, rear sway bar, panhard rod, panhard brace, and lca's is this a good start with the tokico d-specs and i think im gonna go with the sport springs from steeda cus i just looked at the lowering for the competition springs and thats just too low for the roads where i am
Hi rravolt,

Depending on your budget I suggest youinstallD-Specs, Steeda Comp or Sport springs (BTWall Steeda spring sets areidenticalride height), Eibach camber bolt kit (strong, cheap and effective), Steeda adjustable Panhard bar and HD Panhard bar brace.If you have to let your VISA card recharge do this list ofparts all together and then install the next groupat a later date once you can swing it.

The next group of parts I suggest willmake the car muchbetter for the driver by fine tuning issues caused by lowering the car. Steeda Bumpsteer kit, Steeda G-Trac brace, Steeda FCA (front control arm), Bushing Insert kit, Steeda's new adjustable Comp/Street UCA kit with heavy duty UCA mount and poly bushings, FRPP GT500 LCA's and Steeda LCA relocation brackets. Your car at this point will have more to give than you can extract from it. If you add 18"x9" wheels and 255/45x18" high-performance tires your car will amaze you withhow supple itcan bewhile stillhaving amazing grip and handling fineness if you turn up the D-Specs. You can add a set of Steeda or Eibach/FRPP anti-roll bars (IMO both are excellent but the Eibach has a smaller rear bar then Steeda does), and get more fine control over the handling balance but you will be giving up some ride and NVH on bumpy roads.

HTH!

Old 07-07-2007, 11:25 PM
rravolt
2nd Gear Member

your right my bad i was thinkin of the h and r pring sets they have different ride heights sorry about that everybody so what really is the difference in ride quality between the comp and sport springs from steeda also i appreciate all the advice you have given so far and am waiting for the next