Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

steeda comp springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 06:29 PM
rravolt
2nd Gear Member

Default steeda comp springs

i was just wondering if anyone had put the steeda competition springs on just the rear and left the front ones stock if so does it handle alot better ive heard of people doing this with the roush springs i was just wondering if someone has done it with steeda and what was their opinion of it thanks in advance
Old 09-16-2007, 11:04 AM
rravolt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: steeda comp springs

anybody?
Old 09-17-2007, 08:38 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rravolt
i was just wondering if anyone had put the steeda competition springs on just the rear and left the front ones stock if so does it handle alot better ive heard of people doing this with the roush springs i was just wondering if someone has done it with steeda and what was their opinion of it thanks in advance
Hi rravolt,

Why would anybody spend $330 for Steeda Competition springs and then only use the rear springs? I have Steeda Competition springs on my car with D-Specs andthe car rides prety welleven onforged Roush 18x10 wheels and275/40x18 BFG g-Force KD tires. The BFGg-Force KD tires arefairly harsh on sharp impacts and tend to singpretty loudly on the freeways. But of course they stick pretty well on myhandling performance oriented suspension. None ofSteeda's Springslower the car excessively as they only lower the ride height an inch or so max.

HTH!

Old 09-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

No, I don't think anyone has done that because the Steeda they sell as a kit with all 4 springs. Most people put the Roush in because you can just buy the rears.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:27 PM
coopergs

I want to install the Steeda springs on my 07 GT. Is there a problem with just installing the spings, or is there any other mods that need to be done at the same time to avoid problems. ie alignment/camber issues...Thanks in advance.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:26 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: coopergs
I want to install the Steeda springs on my 07 GT. Is there a problem with just installing the spings, or is there any other mods that need to be done at the same time to avoid problems. ie alignment/camber issues...Thanks in advance.
Hi coopergs,

You can install Steeda Sport springs on your GT no problem but the car will handle andride about a million times better if you install a set of sportstruts and dampes at thesame time.Unless you install high-performance sport type struts and dampers avoid Steeda's Competition and Eibach Pro-Kit springs, they are just too stiff (in addition Eibach Pro-Kit springsare to low and), will destroy the stock dampers post hast. I suggestTokico D-Spec Dampers or Koni Sports in a performance oriented application with these stiffer springs. Ifyou want to improve your handling with the lowered, sportier springs but are not interested in the slightly harder ride I suggest Bilstein HD struts and dampers. The Bilstein HD's ride like a dream but are not as firm in body control when the car is pushed to extremes. So if you are a "sporty" driver the Bilsteins may be a good choice. But if you are more hard core and want to play with your suspension the D-Specs or Koni Sports may be a better fit.

HTH!

Old 09-20-2007, 02:37 PM
coopergs

Thanks F1FAN! I was initially just wanting to lower my stang about an inch. But I will just spend the cash and buy the struts,spings, and shocks, etc at once. I live in Michigan and winter is approaching fast, soooo I will be garaging my car and installing various upgrades until spring then its Whipple Time!
Old 09-20-2007, 09:26 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: coopergs
Thanks F1FAN! I was initially just wanting to lower my stang about an inch. But I will just spend the cash and buy the struts,spings, and shocks, etc at once. I live in Michigan and winter is approaching fast, soooo I will be garaging my car and installing various upgrades until spring then its Whipple Time!

Hi coopergs,

Ah a blower, are you more srtaight line or twisty road kind of guy? This can make a big difference in what you should do to the chassis in terms of suspension components.

But to address your last post the roads in MI must be pretty bad, EVERYBODY who lives there or used to live there (I haveseveral friends from MI who now won't leave SoCal in the winter), complains about the roads! My strong advice is that you look into the Steeda HD Adjustable Strut Bearing Mounts, Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar and the matching Steeda HD Panhard Bar Brace,Bilstein HD struts and dampers along with a set of Steeda Sport springs and keep your 17" or 18" wheels and tires and pass on the urge to buy 20" which just slow you down.

For a high-performanceroadmachineif you can stand to be out in the garagethis winterI suggest adding aset of FRPP sourced GT500 LCA's, FRPP FR500C UCA axle bushingandSteeda adjustable frontand fixed rear anti-roll bars. Or if you are feeling really friskeyFRPP GT500 LCA's,FR500C UCA axle bushing,Steeda adjustable frontanti-roll baranda Saleen Watt's Link and matching anti-roll bar kit out back. This combination will put you on the map handling wise and when bench racing or doing car shows in the spring, suummer and fall before you put her back to sleep for the winter next year. Just be sure to powercoat that Saleen Watt's Link and A-R bar Steeda Blue before installing it or tounges will be wagging!

For a more drag oriented street car consider installing the FRPP GT500 LCA's and a Steeda adjustable Comp/Street UCA/UCA mount kit and a pair of Steeda LCA relocation brackets. Spend the other money on lightweight rear wheels and drag tires.

HTH!