Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

rear suspension adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 05:21 PM
thunderstang

Default rear suspension adjustments

I need a little advice on adjusting my setup, I have been drag racing my 06 gt for some months now. I put in a little moneyito itand nowit's time to get it hooked to the ground and get rid of the wheel hop. This weekend I am installing upper and lower Lakewood adjustable control arms, and Eibach Drag launch springs. I plan on running a 275/40 by17 M/T ET street radial. DoI install the control armsset at factory length? and what doesadjusting each one help me on my launch?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:45 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: rear suspension adjustments

ORIGINAL: thunderstang
I need a little advice on adjusting my setup, I have been drag racing my 06 gt for some months now. I put in a little moneyito itand nowit's time to get it hooked to the ground and get rid of the wheel hop. This weekend I am installing upper and lower Lakewood adjustable control arms, and Eibach Drag launch springs. I plan on running a 275/40 by17 M/T ET street radial. DoI install the control armsset at factory length? and what doesadjusting each one help me on my launch?
Hi thunderstang,

I don't think the Eibach Drag Launch Kit w/airbaglowers the car, does it? As long as the ride height stays stock you can just set your UCA and LCA's to the same center to center lengths as the stock UCA and LCA's. The LCA's MUST bes set to the same assembled length center to center (side to side MUST match!), or you car's thrust angle will be off and the car will want to turn to one side or the other on launch. The adjustable UCA should be set to the stock length center to center unless you have a drive up alignment rack you can use to set thepinion anglewith the UCA adjustment. For a car will all poly UCA and LCA bushingsI suggest setting the differential nose-1 to -2 degrees nose down in relationship to the rear driveshaft segment. I also suggest a bumpsteer adjustment kit and that the bumpsteer be as close to totally zeroed out as possiblewith 1/32" to 1/16" total toe-in when loaded.

HTH!

HTH!

Old 10-29-2007, 08:14 PM
thunderstang

Default RE: rear suspension adjustments

Thanks F1 I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that. This suspension is new water for me.