Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Whine after LCA install

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 01:42 AM
dseid2
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Whine after LCA install

You should not be getting a whine after changing the LCA's. Maybe more noise, vibration and harshness, but not a whine. Maybe your pinion angle is off. Are the lCA's adjustable? Do you have an adjustable UCA? Is the car lowered?

My Steeda adjustable LCA's squeaked over evey little bump at slow speeds. I just replaced them with BMR LCA's with flutted poly bushing so they can be greased. No more squeaks
Old 11-11-2007, 01:59 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Whine after LCA install

ORIGINAL: dseid2

You should not be getting a whine after changing the LCA's. Maybe more noise, vibration and harshness, but not a whine. Maybe your pinion angle is off. Are the lCA's adjustable? Do you have an adjustable UCA? Is the car lowered?

My Steeda adjustable LCA's squeaked over evey little bump at slow speeds. I just replaced them with BMR LCA's with flutted poly bushing so they can be greased. No more squeaks
With poly pushings, that could definately be the cause of amplified "gear whine", pinion angle is not going to create gear whine... He does not have an adjustable UCA.

-Jeff