Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Suggestions for Upgrades - Experts Welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Default RE: Suggestions for Upgrades - Experts Welcome!

Street cars on street tires hop.... even at times from a roll. At other times when traction is low without much throttle. And if you look at a GT on say the Pirelli's, they aren't exactly tail slamming cars when you hit the gas. Anit-squat, IMO, in not the issue. The car isn't a squatter on street tires. At a drag strip on drag radials leaving hard it might be a little bit, but we know the lowly street tires hop without enough traction or power application to get big weight transfer.

Ok, the Shelby is lower and not one of them that I've driven or raced against hops. If you feel you need brackets that's ok. I beg you to consider all the ramifications of them, not just "they can stop the hop". Arms will too, and if you use the correct type you pay no handling penalty like you can with LCA's set to run 'downhill' from the body to the axle, which is the typical anti-hop/drag race method.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:42 PM
SlideWRX
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Suggestions for Upgrades - Experts Welcome!

ORIGINAL: Sam Strano

I also think that the PHB brace is wasted money. Stamped part with a flange are in all honesty not flimsy in tension and compression, which the PHB brace is.
I'd have to agree. at the time I bought my PHB brace it was a cheap combo, but I haven't installed it. The OEM is more than enough.

Tom