Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Curves vs Straight

Old 02-25-2008, 11:25 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Curves vs Straight

F1Fan, what do you suggest on Dspec settings for a road course event?
I wont have much time to play with them from the time they go on, til the event.
Ill take your suggestion to start with, and tweak maybe every session.

As far as wanting to do the drag and road course events, I am in the same boat.
I have started out with the LCA's, panhard, rear springs, and now going to the front springs with Dspecs.
Already did the basic brake upgrade, pads,lines,fluid. Which is something you will need to do if your thinking road course events kdf.

And of course having "track" tires, and drag radials are a plus.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:04 PM
kdf101

Thanks for the help guys, you have talked me into the D-specs. One more question! If I am going to be changing shocks/struts, it would make sense to change springs if needed. Would a spring set such as Eibach prokits be worthwhile handling wise vs. just leaving the stock springs in? I know it will lower the car (about 1.5"?) and that is OK. I do live on rural roads, but with sensible driving I think I would be alright. Would using the Eibach's necessitate other parts being used, or wold I be OK without having to make supporting mods? I have read other places that I would be alright, and also read that supporting mods would be necessary.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

If you lower the car then it is suggested that you make other changes to compensate for the effects of the lowering. There have been a lot of posts on the subject lately so a search of the more recentones in this section should give you lots of reading material.

After doing the research for my intended use you can see here what I am going to install - https://mustangforums.com/m_4638132/tm.htm
Old 02-27-2008, 09:47 PM
kdf101

Yeah, I've read a lot of the threads on lowering, and it seems to be the general consensus that things like PB etc are necessary. What confuses me a little bit is this: why don't a lot of the lowering/suspension kits come with them? not doubting anything you (and dozens of posts on the subject) guys have told me, just wondering why don't see it in the kits available.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:27 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

IMO it is probably because most people would not notice the negative effects of lowering, ie. the geometry gets messed up, because they either are not sensitive enough to the changes or never drive hard enough to reach the point where it shows up.

Thus the kits are built and priced for the mass market.

In my case I don't want to find out at Mosport at the end of the Mario Andretti Staight at 125+ MPH that something is not right when I hit turn 8.