Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

suspension packages

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 01:09 AM
I8ACHEVY
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: suspension packages

Looking at all the feedback on this topic..Was thinking of the following:

Tokico D Specs
FRPP/Steeda Ultralite/Roush/Eibach Springs
Rear Anti Roll Bar (Steeda?)
Panhard Bar (Steeda?)
Panhard Bar Brace (Steeda?)

How important are new LCAs and the LCA relocation brackets? What do they buy you? Necessary?
The other thing is, drawing on people's experience, where can I find each of the above at the best price?

Thanks!

Old 03-20-2008, 10:59 AM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GotMunchies?
Honestly, if you're willing to shop around a little bit, I think a better deal than any package from any company can offer can be had.

$480 Tokico D-Specs, double adjustable w/single ****, can beadjusted for betterhandling and ride
$225 FRPP/Eibach Pro-Kit springs,buya pair ofEibach Sportline axle bumpstops to improve ride
$190Steeda Adjustable front anti-roll bar, usemiddlesetting to get balance right
$360 Steeda rear anti-roll barw/billet links, order the 7/8"(22mm) bar, not 13/16" or15/16" bar

$1,255 total

Here is the $720worth of stuffthat nobody tells you about that you needto get the most out of the core suspension above.

$ 70 FRPP GT500 Strut Mounts
$150 Steeda X-5 Ball Joints,restoreslost roll center height due to lowering, improves front end grip
$30Eibach Camber Bolt Kit, best camber bolts on the market, easily adjusted
$160 SteedaAdjustable Panhard Bar, betterrear axel control withmuchbetter driver feedback
$80 Steeda HD Panahrd Bar Brace, critical part for long chassis life and driver feedback
$130 Steeda LCA relocation brackets, correct IC, more adjustment points than any other bracket
$100 FRPP GT500 LCA's,quiet,cheap and effective
This list posted by F1Fan is everything you'd need to have an almost perfect handling 'Stang.

Using F1Fan's advice, I put together the following package for myself:

Tokico D-spec's
Steeda Sport springs
Steeda adj. Panhard rod and brace
Steeda HD front strut mounts

It was about $1200 all told, and will be even cheaper nowadays. I have to say, it did WONDERS to improve the handling of the car. I reccomend the HD strut mounts because they allow easily adjustable camber, so you can really dial in the front suspension.
Hi GotMunchies,

I only listed the same sort of items the OP had asked about for comparison purposes. This is not necessarilywhatI wouldsuggestfor a first pass or basic suspension setup. I listed these items to show the OPthat he can get similar or even better parts for about the same money.

For startersI usuallysuggest a good set of adjustable dampers, Eibach camber bolts, sport springs with a reasonable ride height and spring rate for the roads and weather conditionsfor the area the car is to be used, a good light, stiff adjustable Panhard bar and matching Panhard bar brace and if the budget and installation time windowallows a good adjustable UCA with an adjustable mount. This is usually what get's it donefor most folks unless they are more experienced drivers, have a budget larger than about $2K installedor can do the installation workthemselves.

More money isoften timesgood for suspension and brakes andbeyond this levelyou really have to consider what springswere used, whatsort of driver they are (sensitive fanny or sensitive hands)and what sort of driving events if any they plan to attend and drive in. There are also wheel/tires and power levelto consider as part of the plan which can make a pretty big differenceif you are considering keeping your caron skinney tiresor a superchargerdown the road. My usual answer is it depends...

Cheers!
Old 03-20-2008, 11:04 AM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: I8ACHEVY
Looking at all the feedback on this topic..Was thinking of the following:

Tokico D Specs
FRPP/Steeda Ultralite/Roush/Eibach Springs
Rear Anti Roll Bar (Steeda?)
Panhard Bar (Steeda?)
Panhard Bar Brace (Steeda?)

How important are new LCAs and the LCA relocation brackets? What do they buy you? Necessary?
The other thing is, drawing on people's experience, where can I find each of the above at the best price?

Thanks!
Hi I8ACHEVY,

Well it all depends on what kind of driver you are. Do you live for Saturday morning blasts up and down the canyons and weekend road course track days, parking lots or drag strip? Each of these requires sort of different stuff and setup and consider ride and NVHif this isyour DD (daily driver)and your local road conditions (smooth, rought, snow). Be realistic about your use and your budget and youmay be happier with a differentcombination.

HTH!