Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Newb question about Tokico-Dspecs

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:06 PM
BlkGT07
1st Gear Member

Default Newb question about Tokico-Dspecs

I want to upgrade my shocks. My question is, is it worth getting the Dspecs without
having the car lowered? I can't lower my car due to where I drive ( mostly NYC).
[align=left] [/align]
Old 04-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Default RE: Newb question about Tokico-Dspecs

Upgrading dampers is a huge help period, no matter ifthe car is being lowered or not.

The stock dampers aren't the worst known to man, but they don't make the car as crisp as most who like handling would like, and because of costs don't have the R&D or technology built in. The result are dampers that don't offer the control, and ride as much or even more stiffly than true performance shocks.

I'd offer you a ride in my GT (which is stock suspension but for Koni's and an alignment and bar links) if you wanted to take a road-trip. I'm in PA, but on the west side about 5 hours from NY. I've had folks take me up on the offer because they wanted to see what the results are, so I'm offering the chance to see and compare back to back with your car on PA roads if you want it.

I know, my car has Koni's and you asked about D-specs. I have had, driven on and autoxed on both so I could compare and contrast for you and talk details once you see what good shocks in general do, and if you'd like to go that way.