Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Suspension mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 01:50 AM
jerseyblood
2nd Gear Member

Default Suspension mods

I think my last post is lost in cyber world so I will ask again. I currently have Tokico adjustable springs and a Eibach pro kit. Im looking to order BMR upper and lower control arms, BMR pamhard bar and BMR front/ rear sway bars. My car is primarily a street/weekend car that I like to take to the track from time to time. Im also running in the Silver State Classic this year in Nevada. I will be traveling a total distance of 90 miles between 80 MPH to 130 MPH on a public highway. Do you guys think any of these parts are not needed? If so what do you recommend?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:05 AM
GotMunchies?
1st Gear Member

Since you've already got springs and dampers, you have the suspension components that will have the greatest initial effect. For the time being, you're better off spending your money on gas, brakes, and tires.

If you're asking about which suspension mods you need, you probably don't have enough seat time on a track to warrant their purchase (the exception being the springs and dampers). That said, if I remember correctly the Pro-kit drops the rear 1.5" - if that's the case, your next purchase should be an adjustable panhard rod and brace to relocate and firm up the rear end. I have the package from Steeda and it works great. Also, if you notice excessive wheel hop when you put your foot into it (what with the whipple and all) only then should you consider control arms.

I'm not sure what the Silver State Classic entails - but if you're in for prolonged hard lapping, make sure the oil in your car is fairly clean, your car is properly aligned, and you have plenty of life left in tires and brakes.

In summary: The only new suspension component you really "need" is an adjustable panhard rod with a brace.