Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Lowering

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 05:38 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by esab
Please tell me if there is something to add. Like I said, not professional, but has worked the few times now with no issues from my experiences and no complaints from the others.
That wasn't directed at you. That was me contemplating how to say that this thread is ****ing ridiculous, as it is only the 1000th thread started by someone without enough sense or courtesy to use the search function or read a sticky. For ****s sake it's like a bunch of mullet head camaro owners (no offense Sam) in here sometimes.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:54 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RodeoFlyer
That wasn't directed at you. That was me contemplating how to say that this thread is ****ing ridiculous, as it is only the 1000th thread started by someone without enough sense or courtesy to use the search function or read a sticky. For ****s sake it's like a bunch of mullet head camaro owners (no offense Sam) in here sometimes.
Thank you for adding a pointless post just like me then ,i hope you feel better now congrates..
Old 11-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

As I site sponsor, I'd ask you to consider what I have. I have a number of various Panhard bars, in fact many more options than what BMR can offer (because I carry other brands as well). I also have camber adjustment options, from the inexpensive bolts (which I don't recommend because they are small and can't hold torque the way they need to and can slip) to HD mounts/Camber plates.

PHB's and such are here: http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...D=79&ModelID=5

Camber bolts are here: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=35&ModelID=5

HD moutns are here: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=35&ModelID=5
Old 11-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RodeoFlyer

Um... none taken? I think. I have short hair, a Camaro and a Mustang. I don't count.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:25 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Um... none taken? I think. I have short hair, a Camaro and a Mustang. I don't count.
I remembered your f-body as I was typing. I've seen your mug, but you *could* have put it in a ponytail and tucked it in your shirt in the back...... : )
Old 11-18-2009, 07:43 PM
6-Speed
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I also have camber adjustment options, from the inexpensive bolts (which I don't recommend because they are small and can't hold torque the way they need to and can slip) to HD mounts/Camber plates.
I steered away from camber bolts for this very reason. There are two bolts that secure the spindle knuckle to the strut and they are torqued to 148 lb-ft. The camber bolt replaces one of these bolts and you torque its nut to only 77 lb-ft.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:52 PM
6-Speed
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SkyWitit23
Yeah that BMR sounds good, im also gonna buy the bolts, where did you buy them? The install sounds pretty easy, the only thing that cunfuses me in the string deal..Am i mesureing from the center of center of the tire to the string? then use that and adj the panhard bar? or im just makeing sure the ruler lines, are up straight up with the string..sry if i sound like a complete moron if im wrong lol...thanks for the help guys im thankfull
I have the BMR PHB - it's easy to install and adjust. The jam nuts are located where you can easily access them, which is a real plus.

I just tied a big nut to a string and taped the string to the rear fender with blue (low residue) masking tape, let it hang over the middle of the tire and measured from the string to the side wall. Then cranked on the adjuster until centered (distance from string to tire the same on both sides +/- 1/8") and apply blue loctite to the threads where the jam nuts end up and tighten the jam nuts.

Here's a thread on another site detailing how I installed it.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...nhard-bar.html

Last edited by 6-Speed; 11-18-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:23 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6-Speed
I have the BMR PHB - it's easy to install and adjust. The jam nuts are located where you can easily access them, which is a real plus.

I just tied a big nut to a string and taped the string to the rear fender with blue (low residue) masking tape, let it hang over the middle of the tire and measured from the string to the side wall. Then cranked on the adjuster until centered and apply blue loctite to the threads where the jam nuts end up and tighten the jam nuts.

Here's a thread on another site detailing how I installed it.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...nhard-bar.html
Great info okay sounds like i can do this and its kinda hard to mess this up lol any info on the bumpsteer just LCA and UCA?
Old 11-18-2009, 08:44 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

okay so i dont want the bolts then? thier half as strong huh? and tend to slip or snap?
Old 11-18-2009, 09:44 PM
6-Speed
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SkyWitit23
Great info okay sounds like i can do this and its kinda hard to mess this up lol any info on the bumpsteer just LCA and UCA?
You must be referring to wheel hop; that's usually what folks install to tame it. Mine are still stock so I don't have much to offer. I'll probably change out my LCA, but I don't really want to mess with the UCA.

When you lower your car you might encounter bump steer due to changing the geometry of the front end. Bump steer is controlled with new ball joints and tie rod ends designed to correct the front end geometry.

When I lowered my car, I did not notice any bump steer.

Quick Reply: Lowering