Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

New Parts---THUMBS UP

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 09:43 AM
BimmerTang
1st Gear Member

Default New Parts---THUMBS UP

I posted last week about my son's Christmas present. Trying to decide on coilovers or dampers, do we go with sway bars, etc. The budget wouldn't allow coilovers right now soooooo...

Well last night we picked the car up after having an Agent 47 lower brake duct grill/ ducting installed along with Eibach sway bars installed.

The front grill looks great with his spiltter on there and I have to say, after stealing my son's car to come into the office for an hour or so, the handling improvement was very noticeable.
I took our normal twisties to my office and the car felt flatter in the curves. Just felt more planted.
Since I bought him the car 2 years ago we have been on an ever increasing mod curve for him.
So far we have done:
Roush spoiler
Hood pins
Roush exhaust
Diablo tune
CAI
Strut brace
Ford racing lowering springs
Eibach sway bars
Agent 47 lower grill and ducting
Cobalt pads for the track

I still can't stop laughing at what it costs to mod these cars. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it doesn't take cold hard cash to enjoy this hobby but for what I've spent on his car I got a CAI and exhaust for my BMW and some Bilstein shocks. CRAZY
Hope everyone has a great Christmas.
and yes, I know...this thread is USELESS without pics. nasty day out today.
J.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:22 PM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

^^^I know what you mean after having an old BMW coming to this car modding was easy lol

e34 FTW!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DRock
^^^I know what you mean after having an old BMW coming to this car modding was easy lol

e34 FTW!!!!!!!

And chasing down and passing Bimmers on the track is even more fun!
Old 12-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Yeahhhhh, these cars are super cheap and super easy to upgrade. I can break this sucker down in my garage and put it back together again on jackstands. One of my main purchasing decisions!!
Old 12-23-2009, 06:17 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

pssssht the new e92 m is sick, last track session there was an all black one done by bimmerworld there...its was sex on wheels
Old 12-24-2009, 05:41 PM
dvs4.6
2nd Gear Member

Bimmertang, i totally understand. this is my first american car. owned several BMW 3 series throughout the years and making purchases from Dinan, Racing Dynamics, etc is crazy. let alone simple things like oil filters, plugs and wires. there is a significant difference between the two and each offers something the other can't and that is why my wife still drives a late model 3 series and i have my 08 that i take to the track and pester the local 996 (porsche) or e46, e30 etc. i agree with the others about tearing these cars down in you garage is very americana and i love it.