Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

2010 Mustang StopTech brake kit installed.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Lv XLR8N
2nd Gear Member

Default 2010 Mustang StopTech brake kit installed.

Last week, the UPS man delivered 2 large boxes of goodness. Thanks to StopTech!!!

I bought the Big Brake kit, 14" slotted 1 pc rotors, with 4 piston calipers, street pads, and SS lines. The install directions were one of the best I have read. The install was a breeze. They give you everything you need in the kit besides the brake fluid. Even little rubber caps for when you disconnect the brake lines on the car.

While doing normal street driving an immediate difference isn't really noticed, but while on the freeway emergency braking is smooth with no fade.

I haven't gotten to test on the track yet, I will eventually get to and will chime in with my thoughts. Although just doing the bed in procedure, the brakes were already ahead of the stock units. In the 10 hard brake cycles of 60mph-10mph I didn't experience any fade even after seeing smoke coming from the front from extreme heat.

In conclusion, I think this kit is top notch, and would recommend it to anyone looking to do the upgrade.

Last edited by Lv XLR8N; 08-01-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:39 AM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nice !!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 01:18 PM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

did u take notes on the weight of the calipers/rotors? Did flush gush out when u removed the brake lines? Or does it just drip slowly?
Old 08-01-2010, 02:52 PM
GB2010GT

Do you mind telling where and how much $$$$?
Old 08-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Lv XLR8N
2nd Gear Member

I did weigh rotors, calipers, brackets, pad and lines, and the stock pieces were 5lbs lighter. But... Stock is 12" rotors and 2 pistion calipers. Im not sure how much weight savings would be by switching to the 2 piece 14" rotors? That is something I would have to look at.

The fluid drips out, but only lost a few drips before I put the rubber cap on it. Which were included in the kit.

The retail price on the kit is $1495... I was offered partial sponsorship directly from StopTech.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

those look great!...but personally i like my baer kit better (obviously... cause i bought it instead). i put pictures of it over in the appearance section a couple days ago. the baers ended up being 3 lb lighter per side (14" rotors 6P calipers)

how do you feel about your rears now? im tempted to at least upgrade the rotors for cosmetic reasons, the stock ones just look....puny
Old 08-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Purty. Wow, $1495 for that whole kit is a good deal. I know that the ST40 kit for some other cars is considerably more (like the black bow tie car sitting in my garage). You mentioned you haven't tried them out on the track yet...when will you? Make sure you post feedback. What track pads will you be using?
Old 08-02-2010, 09:19 AM
allinon72
2nd Gear Member

Kinda disappointing that you can't feel a difference on the street, but they look awesome.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Lv XLR8N
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lil_Chef
those look great!...but personally i like my baer kit better (obviously... cause i bought it instead). i put pictures of it over in the appearance section a couple days ago. the baers ended up being 3 lb lighter per side (14" rotors 6P calipers)

how do you feel about your rears now? im tempted to at least upgrade the rotors for cosmetic reasons, the stock ones just look....puny
Im going to eventually upgrade the rotors, to slotted, and just paint the Ford calipers to match the front.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Lv XLR8N
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by allinon72
Kinda disappointing that you can't feel a difference on the street, but they look awesome.
For normal stop and go, the Stock brakes do a good job, but for hard braking for example, the 10 cycles of 60mph-10mph hard stops, the StopTech out performs the stock.

And yes, they do look awesome, Im totally happy with the looks, and so far the performance.

Quick Reply: 2010 Mustang StopTech brake kit installed.