Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

2011 GT handling upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 08:34 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
All of them? I have no idea..... I'd guess the vast majority of them are as that's where you tend to go for cheap things.
Good to know. I will stay away away from the cheap ones.
The primary reason why object to the chinese seats (or any other Chinese product for that matter) is because buying Chinese contributes to jobs going to China and also, since the Chinese are artificially manipulating their money value to promote trade deficit, and therefore job loss in America, China is also the cause for wage depression.

And as far as products go, because of Chinese money manipulation and other chinese protectionist actions, the makers of legitimate and good car seats have a hard time to compete.

If you can tell me which seats you carry are made in America, I would like to know so I could shop to buy those seats instead. I presume the Secaro seats you carry, for example, are made in America.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:13 AM
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

All I can say Ansibe, is that prior to any power mods on my vehicle, I completely modified the suspension setup. So start there. So far, I've done:

- Tokico D-Specs (using 2010 upper strut mounts)
- Steeda Sport Springs
- Steeda Front Swaybar
- Steeda Rear Swaybar
- Steeda Front Strut Tower Brace
- Steeda Rear Strut Tower Brace
- Steeda Panhard Bar
- Steeda Panhard Bar Brace
- Steeda Control Arm Relocation Kit
- Steeda Billet Control Arms

As you can tell, I'm a big-time Steeda fan. I can tell you that they quality of the product is second to none. They make great stuff. I was formerly a Bimmer guy, so my objective was to create a car that outperformed an M-Car. And I've done. This car is absolutely, positively, unstoppable. It sticks, and sticks, and sticks. I've yet to break the rear end loose, now that I've added the new tire setup. We'll see how it does at the track. One of the pictures I added below is my car with an 18x8 (235/55R18) TSW Nurburgring (which are for sale right now). Monday I'm doing some major modifications, which require a larger wheel and tire 18x9 front (255/45R18) and 18x10 rear (295/45R18). I used Saleen Replica's which look really sharp on our cars. You'll see that the tire clearance is much more aggressive now. However, because the profile is so large, it soaks up the majority of the NJ potholes, very comfortably. BOTTOM LINE: ITS NOT ALL ABOUT GOING IN A STRAIGHT LINE!!!! Good luck.

[IMG] RearDSpec by cameronjarki, on Flickr[/IMG]

DSpecFront&Sways by cameronjarki, on Flickr

Rear Sways and PanhardII by cameronjarki, on Flickr

BankSide by cameronjarki, on Flickr

SlammedSaleens by cameronjarki, on Flickr

SlammedRear by cameronjarki, on Flickr

Last edited by CJStang50; 12-05-2010 at 05:16 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Ansibe
2nd Gear Member

The car looks fantastic on the TSWs. I wonder if they would fit around the Brembo brakes. Anybody?

Did you really mean 235/55, a tire that's 20mm narrower than stock? Seems tall and narrow to me, but if it's working for you, then great.

+1 on the power thing. The 5.0 is pretty quick from the factory, so I'll spend my money on suspension first.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:17 AM
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

The TSW's (ARE FOR SALE) and they will not fit around the Brembo's. The car is now off the stock tires. I'm upgrading brakes to a 14" Six Piston Baer Brake kit, which are due in another week or so. So, in addition to the power upgrades, I needed the size upgrade of the wheel as well.