Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Suspension Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 02:40 PM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

Default Suspension Upgrade

I have recently purchased a 8.8" rear for my V6. I'm not going to install it right away. I want to upgrade the suspension and change everything out at once. Unfortunately, I lack knowledge in what to and what not to buy. I have a pretty simple requirements list. I want better handling, a 1-1.5" drop, and something that doesn't suffer the ride quality a lot.

I'm thinking the following for my set up:

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Tokico D-Spec Adjustable Strut & Shock Kit
Eibach Anti-Roll Sway Bars
Steeda LCA
Steeda UCA

I'm also going to get a set of 18" wheels to go with everything. Haven't decided which I want to get though. The car is a DD, but I eventually want to go to the track with it. Is there anything else you guys would buy or take from my list?

Last question would be on tires. I really like the look of staggered tire/wheel combo. Is there a big difference in the way the car preforms? Is there anyone here that has a staggered set that they run all the time?
Old 06-20-2012, 12:17 AM
snicksnipa
1st Gear Member

Make sure you add caster/camber plates, the stock oem plates are garbage. I installed the J&M ones from American Muscle. Many also recommend an adjustable panhard bar, your rear axle will be pushed to the drivers side by a very small amount. I drive staggered wheels 24/7. Don't see anything wrong with it and dropped my 0-60 time by a fair amount. On a v6 its pretty tough to kick the rear end out with a staggered package!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:14 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2007StangV6
I have recently purchased a 8.8" rear for my V6. I'm not going to install it right away. I want to upgrade the suspension and change everything out at once. Unfortunately, I lack knowledge in what to and what not to buy. I have a pretty simple requirements list. I want better handling, a 1-1.5" drop, and something that doesn't suffer the ride quality a lot.

I'm thinking the following for my set up:

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Tokico D-Spec Adjustable Strut & Shock Kit
Eibach Anti-Roll Sway Bars
Steeda LCA
Steeda UCA

I'm also going to get a set of 18" wheels to go with everything. Haven't decided which I want to get though. The car is a DD, but I eventually want to go to the track with it. Is there anything else you guys would buy or take from my list?

Last question would be on tires. I really like the look of staggered tire/wheel combo. Is there a big difference in the way the car preforms? Is there anyone here that has a staggered set that they run all the time?

UPR Pro Series springs are made for us by Eibach to the same spec as their Pro Kit springs. But we only charge $199 for our UPR/Eibach springs.
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-e...prings-05.html

The D-specs are good. I have Koni Yellows on my car and they work VERY well, but my dad's running the D-specs and they work well.

I strongly recommend UPR control arms. They're Made in America, they carry a Lifetime Guarantee, they work exceptionally well, and we offer mf.com members a 10% guarantee. I'm running these-
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-c...ackage-05.html
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-u...silver-05.html

I also used an adjustable panhard bar to center my rear end after the Eibach spring install. http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-p...rd-bar-05.html

The list you put together is very similar to the S197 Handling Package we've put together at UPR. I have this setup on my car and I can tell you, the handling is incredible, but the ride quality is still pretty decent.

Last comment, staggering your tire sizes looks cool, but it causes quite a bit of understeer unless you make significant suspension adjustments to balance it out.

Here's the setup on my '06 GT

Old 06-21-2012, 11:24 AM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

I might consider picking up the UPR springs. I'm still looking around and still have time before I decide on a set.

I'll definitely pick up a PHB. I don't want my car looking dumb with the rear tire sticking out slightly.

This isn't going to be my first time changing out a set of shocks, it's pretty simple with the right tools. Atleast it was when we changed it on a different vehicle. I've never changed, or even heard of UCA/LCA until I got this car. How hard are those to change? Keep in mind, i'm changing everything out at once, (8.8" rear, shocks, springs, ect).
Old 06-22-2012, 03:35 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2007StangV6
I might consider picking up the UPR springs. I'm still looking around and still have time before I decide on a set.

I'll definitely pick up a PHB. I don't want my car looking dumb with the rear tire sticking out slightly.

This isn't going to be my first time changing out a set of shocks, it's pretty simple with the right tools. Atleast it was when we changed it on a different vehicle. I've never changed, or even heard of UCA/LCA until I got this car. How hard are those to change? Keep in mind, i'm changing everything out at once, (8.8" rear, shocks, springs, ect).
LCAs are super easy. The UCA is a simple upgrade, but it's more time consuming because of the limited accessibility.