Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Passenger Rear Squeak Chirp

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Darth Evader
1st Gear Member

Question Passenger Rear Squeak Chirp

My 06 GT (stock suspension), has started to give a single pronounced squeak / chirp from the passenger rear whenever I drive over dips / small potholes / drop-offs in the road. This happens more at slow speeds and seems to happen more if you hit a dip when taking a turn. It does not squeak when hitting a raised bump, only when hitting a dip/hole. The squeak is definitely coming from the passenger rear wheel area.

Here is an example of a dip in the road that causes this to happen every day on my way home from work:

I've been reading other similar threads and some say that it could be the LCA, some say that it could be the stabilizer bar bushings, and some say that it could be the LCA's flag nuts rubbing on the sway bar. I checked the exhaust and it doesn't squeak no matter how I shake it. Shaking or rocking the car will not cause the suspension to squeak.

As a first step, would you recommend lubricating the stabilizer bar bushings with silicon lubricant? If so, I'll need to remove the stabilizer bar in order to properly lube it.

Is there anything else I can look for while I am under there? If the sound were coming from the LCA, it would squeak all of the time, right??? Any other ideas?