Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

best lower rear control arms?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 08:11 PM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

I remember when I first had the Saleen suspension installed on my car a couple months after I had the car as well as the Series VI SC. Huge difference from stock for power and the handling. The stock lower control arms worked fine, and after I had them changed out for higher performance ones, I really did not notice any difference at all.

I felt that the purchase wasn't needed with the better springs, dampers and sway bars. Erik
Old 04-05-2017, 06:44 PM
Whiteline
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DTMR
I was wondering what the advantage of having adjustable rear control arms over non-adjustable ones? What is the best brand to go with?
https://whitelineperformance.com/for...orsport-kta195

The S197 Ford Mustang chassis' stock lower control arms leave much to be desired and contribute to the inherent traction and wheel hop problems from the factory. Whiteline's Ford Mustang S197 adjustable lower control arms are made from tubular DOM steel with Forged Rod Ends for optimal strength and feature our MAX-C Bushings, engineered specific for this application. Our Grease free, non-bonded bushing tube design allows the crush tubes to free float, eliminating bushing wind and snap back, increasing handling predictability.

Whiteline Ford Mustang GT S197 (2005-2014) Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...ne-and-KW.aspx
Old 04-24-2017, 11:20 AM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

I know this is an old thread but since it was revived I'll point out why I didn't get the adjustable lowers, precisely because they are adjustable. They are just two more things to go wrong, plus getting them the same length is annoying and your car will probably be crabbing on the road. I just got and upper adjustable for pinion angle adjustment. At least that way I know both rear tires are the same distance from the front ones. I try to keep adjustability to a minimum because each adjustable part if a possible point of misalignment and failure.

The only adjustable parts in my car are the panhard (to center the rear), the upper rear control arm (for pinion angle) and the front upper strut mounts (for camber and caster). I have the Whiteline relocation brackets but those will come off since they are more useful for drag racing (which I rarely do) and I feel induce understeer. Once they are off I'll test the car and make a decision.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:49 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Hmmmm . . . not getting on-car adjustability is precisely why I got my you-have-to-disconnect-one-end-to-adjust-them adjustable LCAs with one poly and one spherical end. It's so obvious when you get one of them adjusted wrong (the steering wheel becomes off-centered) and the fix so simple that it's almost a no-brainer. Especially if you're trying to avoid messing with the more difficult to install UCA. It's virtually impossible to lose the adjustment even if a jam nut loosens.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 04-26-2017 at 07:52 AM.