Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

wierd issues after spinout

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 11:17 AM
newponyowner

Default wierd issues after spinout

Hey guy's,
I was spinning my tires a little bit the other day and doing some power braking donuts..not much at all, maybe for about 30 seconds. After that I noticed my car was f*cked up a little. I drove it out and it seemed like the engine was bogging down, or the brakes were grabbing. I had to pull over and check to make sure my tire didn't rip off or something. Turned the car off and back on again and it seemed to drive fine. I am bringing it into the dealer today for other issues, what can I ask them to check about this strange issue. I also have been having the service advancetrack light popping up randomly, not sure if it's related, but that's one of the reasons for today's visit. Thanks.

2011 gt (still stock)
Old 12-26-2013, 02:50 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Did you turn your traction control off while you were jacking around? If not, yeah something in the car might have been thinking your traction was way off and messing with driveability. I seem to recall that other folks with the coyotes have mentioned issues with service advancetrak coming up too and the dealer replaced some sensor and all was good after.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:22 PM
newponyowner

Thanks for the reply. Yes I had the traction control off. I just got a call from the dealer and my car is out of warranty, I'm so disgusted I didn't realize it was up. It's been covered since sept. 2010. I can only hope the dealer I bought the car from a few months ago can help me out. My car has the main airbag light on, rear defogger doesn't work,(light comes on though), service traction control light, loose gear shift handle, loose airbag cover on passenger side, rear end rattling noise and squeaking noise. And whatever this wierd issue was I just had.(hopefully it's just a sensor)
I was really hoping on getting some of this fixed under warranty but my own ignorance is to blame, all though I could have sworn the dealer said I was covered thru 2014 when I bought the car.?.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:21 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by newponyowner
Thanks for the reply. Yes I had the traction control off. I just got a call from the dealer and my car is out of warranty, I'm so disgusted I didn't realize it was up. It's been covered since sept. 2010. I can only hope the dealer I bought the car from a few months ago can help me out. My car has the main airbag light on, rear defogger doesn't work,(light comes on though), service traction control light, loose gear shift handle, loose airbag cover on passenger side, rear end rattling noise and squeaking noise. And whatever this wierd issue was I just had.(hopefully it's just a sensor)
I was really hoping on getting some of this fixed under warranty but my own ignorance is to blame, all though I could have sworn the dealer said I was covered thru 2014 when I bought the car.?.
You should definitely speak with the service manager at your selling dealer, newponyowner. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know what happens.

Deysha
Old 12-30-2013, 04:27 PM
newponyowner

I did bring it into Ford a few days ago, but I don't think they could help anymore than they already did, as far as warranty or anything like that goes. I did not buy this car from a certified ford dealer. It was purchased from teddyvolkswagon, in ny, which sells new and used cars. I do not have the money that it will cost to fix right now, especially after the holidays
I can only hope none of this actually causes a real problem while I'm driving.
Thank you very much for your reply!!
Old 01-03-2014, 01:49 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
Did you turn your traction control off while you were jacking around? If not, yeah something in the car might have been thinking your traction was way off and messing with driveability. I seem to recall that other folks with the coyotes have mentioned issues with service advancetrak coming up too and the dealer replaced some sensor and all was good after.
Did ya flatten a cam?