Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

J&M Panhard Bar Installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 09:24 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Even with a brace in place (anybody's brace), the bracket does flex a tiny bit. But we're talking about such a small amount that for all practical purposes a bracket braced by anybody's PHB brace can be considered totally rigid.

PHB brace bolt installation torque adds lots of friction which resists both lateral and rotational sliding.

Norm
Old 10-26-2018, 04:07 AM
08'MustangDude
Banned

AND, as you would have it, I was able to buy one locally for $40! So, as I said, if I found one
cheap, I would buy it. Well, was looking on FB market place, dude was selling an adjustable
panhard rod, two lower conrtol arms, and the Panhard bar brace. I asked if he would sell the
brace, he said YEP, I asked price, he said $40, I said be right down to pick it up.

HE asked me if I was interested in the LCAs, I said, I just put two BMRs on. He then asked
me if I would be interested in the panhard bar, I said, I just put a J&M on... THEN
when he shot me the address, was a total surprise, turns out he lives TWO DOORS DOWN from
my farther and law, that we don't deal with, and haven't for 6+ years. I saw the address,
called the wife in and told her, "Honey, you are not gonna believe where this guy lives."
I showed her the address, and said, Do you recognize that street name? Yeah, same street
as your dad. She was like, You got to be kidding me, really? Then when we got there, TWO
DOORS down... They don't know the Mustang, at all, so they would not have recognized
us being there.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:47 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Originally Posted by TPony
So, question...when you replaced the OEM PHB with the new one, did you have any issues placing the new one in the old location? I just replaced my OEM PHB with a non-adjustable BMR one and it was a PITA getting it in the right location. It appears the BMR bushing made the bar wider vs the slot I had to jam it in. It took lots of rubber mallet strikes to get it in. Also, call me crazy, but the driver side tire sticks out 1/4 more than the pax side and I just replaced same length bar as OEM. Maybe it was like this before and I never noticed.
Umm, yeah. it also appears that my driver side tire seems to be sticking out a tad more
than the passenger side. It's not an axle shift, it's the body. I guess this is why you buy
an adjustable, so you can center the body over the axle. When the panhard bar is off,
you can move the body from side to side back there. I know it was also of equal length
from bushing bolt hole to bolt hole. I was able to put the bolts through both the OE and
the J&M holes to be sure they lined up. However, yeah, the driver side tire sticks out
just a tad more.

Old 11-14-2018, 07:31 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

You know, I don't have a rear sway-bar either. I can see evidence marks on the two
brackets that something was fastened there once before, so maybe who ever had
it took it off before trading it in, or it was taken off for some other reason and never
put back on. I know the V6 package I have, it didn't come with one. Guess that
will be another addition later on.