Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

OH MY GODDDD!!! SHELBY GT.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 07:27 PM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: OH MY GODDDD!!! SHELBY GT.

I agree with you Ed. I think Blackhawk should go w/ the regular GT and clone it. That makes much more sense.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:38 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ilmor

I agree with you Ed. I think Blackhawk should go w/ the regular GT and clone it. That makes much more sense.
It just goes to show you that, In his case, There is no passion for the nameor the package as a whole, The "Complete Package" is what its all about.

On another note ilmor,

I am no longer the only guy in town with a Black SGT.....It's ok though, Super nice guy got his today and he was grinin when i ask him his CSM#........
Old 10-13-2007, 09:45 PM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GTEddy

ORIGINAL: ilmor

It just goes to show you that, In his case, There is no passion for the nameor the package as a whole, The "Complete Package" is what its all about.

On another note ilmor,

I am no longer the only guy in town with a Black SGT.....It's ok though, Super nice guy got his today and he was grinin when i ask him his CSM#........
I saw that on the Shelby forum. That's cool.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:08 AM
07 Shelby GT
2nd Gear Member

For all the people asking "Why" spend the money on a Shelby...go to your local magazine store and pick up the new Shelby magazine...open it up to the back page and look at the chart that shows values of the shelby's from the past and of the future. They state that after just 20 years the car is worth a value of $40k and worth double that after 40 years. Now if you can project yourself forward 40 years and you look at the value of a regular GT. Well, actually all you have to do is look at the prices of a '68 Shelby GT vs. 68 GT. There is no comparison. So, in retrospect if you are looking for a car that you are going to want to mod and drive the hell out ofthen you should probably go with a standard GT. However, if you are planning on keeping the car for long term enjoyment or even as an investment...there are no alternatives to a Shelby. This includes Saleen and Roush. I'm not saying Shelby's are better cars than the previously mentioned, but I think it is obvious that in 20-40 years all the Shelby owners will know they made a wiser decision. I am a Mustang fan thru and thru and like them all, but people should give credit where it is due and this time the credit is due on the Shelby.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:30 AM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

07 Shelby GT
For all the people asking "Why" spend the money on a Shelby...go to your local magazine store and pick up the new Shelby magazine...open it up to the back page and look at the chart that shows values of the shelby's from the past and of the future. They state that after just 20 years the car is worth a value of $40k and worth double that after 40 years. Now if you can project yourself forward 40 years and you look at the value of a regular GT. Well, actually all you have to do is look at the prices of a '68 Shelby GT vs. 68 GT. There is no comparison. So, in retrospect if you are looking for a car that you are going to want to mod and drive the hell out ofthen you should probably go with a standard GT. However, if you are planning on keeping the car for long term enjoyment or even as an investment...there are no alternatives to a Shelby. This includes Saleen and Roush. I'm not saying Shelby's are better cars than the previously mentioned, but I think it is obvious that in 20-40 years all the Shelby owners will know they made a wiser decision. I am a Mustang fan thru and thru and like them all, but people should give credit where it is due and this time the credit is due on the Shelby.
I disagree. if you are buying a car to gain money, or make it worth more 30 years from now by not driving it, you have toomuch money and probably don't care anyways.

If you wanta Shelby, buy a Shelby. If you want a Mustang GT to mod and make faster, do it, but don't bitch about Shelbys.I get tired as well, even though I have only had my Shelby for a week, of seeing all the posts of how "Shelbys aren't worth it, you can buy a GT and make it faster for less".

Great. You can't afford it, so buy a Mustang GT and leave the people who bought and love their Shelbys alone. Thank you.

- C
Old 12-08-2007, 12:15 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: myredgt

07 Shelby GT
I disagree. if you are buying a car to gain money, or make it worth more 30 years from now by not driving it, you have toomuch money and probably don't care anyways.

If you wanta Shelby, buy a Shelby. If you want a Mustang GT to mod and make faster, do it, but don't bitch about Shelbys.I get tired as well, even though I have only had my Shelby for a week, of seeing all the posts of how "Shelbys aren't worth it, you can buy a GT and make it faster for less".

Great. You can't afford it, so buy a Mustang GT and leave the people who bought and love their Shelbys alone. Thank you.

- C

Ditto.............
Old 12-09-2007, 12:42 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

what I'm gassing on is how much money they end up spending on modding their GT. Just throwing on a supercharger will set you back most of the price difference if you factor in the real labor costs.
But what amuses me is that so many people just seem to add the same parts. They get the same CDC chin spoiler, ducktail spoiler, Foose rims, Nittos, Eibachs, Flowmasters, CAI & SCT2... but don't do what I consider real customization. Like adding whole new body work! See the photos of the guys from Automotive Dezignz for an example of what I consider real modding.

So it's kinda like how all those women who get the Botox injections in their faces and lips all look alike!

Old 12-09-2007, 06:08 AM
07 Shelby GT
2nd Gear Member

Orion_240...you last comment was classic. Thanks for the laugh.