Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

supercharger upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Mullens
1st Gear Member

It really depends on whether you're looking for all-out power. If you're looking for dependable 605 hp FRPP TVS all the way. Granted it doesn't make the power of Whipple or KB but there's no hood cutting or fuel upgrades. Just bolt it on load the tune and go.

Last edited by Mullens; 01-24-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:54 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mullens
It really depends on whether you're looking for all-out power. If you're looking for dependable 605 hp FRPP TVS all the way. Granted it doesn't make the power of Whipple or KB but there's no hood cutting or fuel upgrades. Just bolt it on load the tune and go.
+1 ...the TVS is a very efficient blower and allot of people have blown the 605hp mark out of the water with the TVS and some pulley changes (upper and lower) Justin at VMP is the first one that comes to mind.but there are TONS of others as well..I have seen the TVS putting out some seriously sick numbers...some other tweaks and changes and you really get some sick numbers.....overall...there are some great GT500 sc upgrade options out there....I really wish that they would have come stock with a blower as efficient as the TVS...I know my future (way down the road) plans has a tvs upgrade...pulley changes and the norm will be it for now...then I will wait and watch the testers get their hands on the 2.9 whipple before I plunk down that change...KB is not on my list, and its not due to my lack of trust or faith in the product..its just the heat issues with the KB and I am not a big fan of boost a pumps...albeit I know many have done really well with them...thats just my own personal preference...good luck Cobra SVT.....keep it safe and keep us updated..
Old 01-24-2009, 10:41 PM
GRABBER CS
3rd Gear Member

Just get a helion tt kit...........
Old 01-26-2009, 12:56 PM
cobra_svt

hi guys,

to be honest, i love this site and u guys are great. In Dubai here, people are using kb's,whipples and others. I know a friend of mine who owns a shelby gt 500 with a 2.8 kb running on 16psi, his car runs great, i know another with a 3.4 whipple running on 18psi but he's not statisfied even though his car runs ok.

no knows anything about tvs here. i am really confused, kb does not ship outside the u.s, whipple and tvs do. the 3.4 is out of my options.

anyways,i'll keep all of you updated but i havent decided yet.

thank you all again guys.