Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Checking out a 2010 Shelby GT500 in a few hours...some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 12:07 PM
txturbogs

Default Checking out a 2010 Shelby GT500 in a few hours...some questions.

I am going to the stealership to see a black 2010 GT500. The sales agent said we cannot drive it, which I think is retarded since how will I decide if the car is for me or not. I love the look of it, but I drive would be fine. Did you get a chance to test drive yours before you purchased it?

I am sure I will like it... But, how low have you guys purchased it for? MSRP? Above? Less? I ask because they are asking 51,900 and is equipped with most options, except the navigation I think.

I would prefer a torch red with white stripes, but the black with gray stripes is a beauty!!
Old 01-06-2010, 12:15 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

51,900 seems like a great deal
Old 01-06-2010, 02:31 PM
JOHNNY
2nd Gear Member

I paid 50700.00 and it has navigation and they let me drive it, mine has all option except hid head lights.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:13 PM
sadface
2nd Gear Member

i would not pay that much if it doesnt have nav etc 47 or tell them to wait for the info on the 2011 to be made public and see if they can sell it for more
Old 01-06-2010, 06:06 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Got mine for 600 below msrp at 46,600 in may 2008 ... Ordered mine with all the options I wanted ... I couldn't test drive mine but I got to test drive the other one that the dealer had in stock...
Old 01-06-2010, 06:44 PM
jiperri

Default New 2010 Black and Silver Shelby

I just got my 2010 Shelby--black with a silver stripe. I ordered it from the pictures I saw and did not drive one prior to buying it. The black with silver is awesome--you will love it. The only thing I wish is that Ford would have made the wheels brightt instead of the painted ones.
I had a 2008 Candy Apple Red California special that I traded in and it was very nice but this new one is way way better in every way.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:35 PM
txturbogs

Hey, thanks for the replies. I got there and met the salesman, he was a cool guy. He said they have it for 57,000, $5k above that is what he said. I also expressed some interest in a Camaro SS, manual, and a Z06 too, which they all had in the lot. He let me drive the Camaro and step on it, it was cool. I am a Chevy guy personally, owning a rx7 with an ls1...lots of fun. But anyway, I just loved the Shelby man, its just another animal in every sense. The looks, the sleekness of it, the whine of the SC, everything really made me lean towards the Shelby. It had most options I believe, although I am forgetting which. It is black with gray lines, very nice. Total, with state tax, and everything else is a little less than 52k, that was the final price out the dealership. I think it went ok, no? I mean, to go from 57k plus tax to 52k with tax and all....WTF?? I dont know, if its true, then I am in. I am dropping off my FJ Cruiser tomorrow and sealing the deal.

Oh yeah, I got to drive the car. It had 72 miles. It pulls like a ****!! LOL....that felt wicked. He guy drove first with traction control off, and man that things pulls. Looses traction a bit...or a lot...hahaha. I drove it with trac control on, but it was fun. I just hope those 72 miles they put on are not abuse miles, these guys seem to really make it do what it should when showing it to a client. I read that those motors break in at the 15 mile point.

Anyway, I'll see how it goes tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:49 PM
hootch

I personally know the dealer that I bought mine from. He says that they don't let anyone test drive the GT500's unless they put down $10,000 for any possible damages. I had bought mine before it even arrived at the dealership. There are only three options I'm aware of: HID headlights, Shaker 1000, and the NAV system. I have the HID, Shaker 1000, and a car cover and paid 48,600. The dealership paid 46,600 and they were going to sell it for 50,600. The NAV system adds over 2,000 on the price. Just giving you an idea of where you are on the price you're paying. I think he did the old "raise the price and then come down so you think you're getting a deal" trick. Either way, you'll love it. Tons of power, add mods and get even more, and a lot of looks in traffic.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:31 PM
txturbogs

LOL, yeah, I got the trick for sure. I remember asking how much for the 07 shelby they had when I purchased by 06 GT, and they were asking 64,000....ouch. I'm glad they are being more realistic about things. Or as someone said, maybe getting rid of all 2010 for the stronger 2011...I hope not....oh the rumors the rumors!!
Old 01-09-2010, 02:15 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

never buy a car without taking a test drive.
They may ask you for a deposit and/or some paperwork but you HAVE to take the car out, listen to it when going over bumps for some of the rattles which your American car will eventually have.

They gave me some sob story about not being able to test drive my new Shelby GT and I drove away with a broken sway bar strut!
Also, if there are 75 miles on your "new" car you need to fully inspect it for damage.

Quick Reply: Checking out a 2010 Shelby GT500 in a few hours...some questions.