Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Need help (info) on 08 shelby mustang gt exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 07:05 PM
6-Speed
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VaporDude
I think spowers1 has a Shelby GT and not a Shelby GT500. I believe the stock Mustang GT came with a H pipe. I don't know if that was changed to a X pipe when Shelby built the Shelby GT or not. I know the KR mufflers sound great on the GT500 because I have them on my car. I don't know how they would sound on the Shelby GT since it is a 4.6 vs a 5.4 engine.
Ford Racing recommends the M-5230-SA for the Mustang GT as well as the GT500.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=10563
Old 02-14-2010, 03:45 PM
spowers1

Hey guys, Thanks for the advise and input and the videos and all. I've been spending all my spare time on you tube listening to different setups!
I've narrowed it down to Boom Toobs ors SLP LM1's, I don't think it will be too loud since it has the original catted x still, all is stock still, so it should not be too bad. I'm really leaning more toward the LM1's at this point! (without catted x I think they're too lous and raspy but with cats not so bad) any more thoughts?
Old 02-14-2010, 03:52 PM
NJShelby120
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by spowers1
Hey guys, Thanks for the advise and input and the videos and all. I've been spending all my spare time on you tube listening to different setups!
I've narrowed it down to Boom Toobs ors SLP LM1's, I don't think it will be too loud since it has the original catted x still, all is stock still, so it should not be too bad. I'm really leaning more toward the LM1's at this point! (without catted x I think they're too lous and raspy but with cats not so bad) any more thoughts?
LM's with your stock catts and x pipe sound great.... i ran them for 6 months.... actually i just sold them.... man wish i toke a vid of my car with them on. you would know exactly how they sound... boom tubes are pretty much goin to sound the same way cause there just muff deletes like the LM's.... i say go for it.... oh, LM's with a o/r cattless x or h pipe is retarded loud.... i tried it and no way.... if you go o/r cattless your gonna need some kinda muffler.....
Old 02-14-2010, 04:54 PM
spowers1

Originally Posted by NJShelby120
LM's with your stock catts and x pipe sound great.... i ran them for 6 months.... actually i just sold them.... man wish i toke a vid of my car with them on. you would know exactly how they sound... boom tubes are pretty much goin to sound the same way cause there just muff deletes like the LM's.... i say go for it.... oh, LM's with a o/r cattless x or h pipe is retarded loud.... i tried it and no way.... if you go o/r cattless your gonna need some kinda muffler.....
Cool, Thanks for the advise bro! LM's with the o/r catted x it is! I'll get a before and after vid so you guys can check it out.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:29 PM
NJShelby120
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by spowers1
Cool, Thanks for the advise bro! LM's with the o/r catted x it is! I'll get a before and after vid so you guys can check it out.
spowers, even with a o/r catted pipe it might still be very loud..... im sure after market catts or hi-flows arent goin to quite it down much...... also, you might need a tune to run after market catts..... could throw a check engine since their not goin to scrub the exhaust as much but im not sure..... i would leave your stock catts and that frpp x pipe alone and just put the LM's on and see what you think.....
Old 02-14-2010, 10:56 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I think you'll be pleased with JBA's. Clean sound with a mean presence.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:01 AM
spowers1

Hey guys, in your opinions and based on personal experience, what's the best place to order some Mac (pacifica) Boom Tubes? Thanks
Old 02-19-2010, 10:20 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

how about some magnaflow muffler deletes?? Part # 16843.... I have a brand new set cheap!!!!
Good luck no matter what you go with!!!!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:26 PM
spowers1

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
how about some magnaflow muffler deletes?? Part # 16843.... I have a brand new set cheap!!!!
Good luck no matter what you go with!!!!
I appreciate the the offer! But I'm dead set on these BT's now! I actually just ordered them! Got them from Ninosport $313 free shipping with the 5% 'military' discount. Can't wait!!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:16 PM
spowers1

Update. I put the new Boom Tubes on with the original catted x pipe and everything else original as well, and it sounds great! Not raspy at all, nice and deep, and very mean! A little drone around 1,700 rpms but it doesn't bother me at all. I love driving with the windows down and listening to it, especially going under an overpass or anywhere it might echo!

As far as install, it was very easy, I had no problems at all. I had to push a little bit on the passenger side while tightening it up to keep it even with the other side, but I had no problems. Clamps worked fine. I notice it rattles a little when cold, but goes away after about 1-2 minutes of start -up. ALL in all I'd say you can't go wrong with these, especially for the price. I'm very happy!

Quick Reply: Need help (info) on 08 shelby mustang gt exhaust