Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Recommendation for a rental trailer to tranport a Shelby GT500.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 04:49 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by inyadreems
Suggestion; remove the front splitter to transport it. The front splitter comes on and off with ease. After it is removed you should have any clearance issues.
+1
Very good advice and will save you headaches later.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

For the cost of a rental...have you considered purchasing a double axle trailer

you can get longer lenght ramps as well that will break the approach angle up to prevent splitter damage
Old 03-20-2010, 08:57 PM
woulduno

Default Enclosed Trailer

Originally Posted by 06Vista
Hello,

I am looking for any options for rented enclosed trailers, or rented open trailers as I want to tow the car myself. What is the best source (links appreciated ) to transport a Shelby GT500 on a rented trailer as the local uhaul does not appear to be able to work(the car is to low). The car in question is very low miles and I do not want to drive it from state to state, rockchips,etc. Any assistance or suggestions will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.
From my research, I can not find a place to rent a enclosed car hauler. I really only need one a few times a year to haul my GT to the track. From what I can tell, an 18' enclosed car hauler is about 4-5k new, and they are not that many in the used market. Although the ones that are, are not much cheaper than new.. So, I would tend to pay a little extra and get new in that case.

Scott